Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > maximizing screen

maximizing screen

Stephen

How do I maximize the web page screens on IE 7 using XP Home? When I open a
web page there is always a space at the bottom which makes it necessary to
maximize the screen using the maximize button. Any suggestions are
appreciated. (Program screens open fine.)

Stephen

Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\)

"Stephen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I maximize the web page screens on IE 7 using XP Home?

To put IE in "full screen" mode, press F11, or select the "Full Screen" menu
item from the Tools menu.

> When I open a
> web page there is always a space at the bottom which makes it necessary to
> maximize the screen using the maximize button. Any suggestions are
> appreciated. (Program screens open fine.)

To maximize, click on the maximize icon, like any other window, or press
Alt-Spacebar 'X' to maximize.

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Stephen

Hi, Thanks for your response. I think that I may have worded my question
incorrectly. I am aware of the "Full Screen" key that you mentioned but what
I was referring to was the ability to maximize the web page to fill the
screen. When I open a web page the page does not fully fill my screen so it
is necessary to either click on the upper right hand square or right click on
the upper area of the menu bar and select maximize. Of course this is not
permanent.

Thanks for your help
Stephen

"Lawrence Garvin (MVP)" wrote:

> "Stephen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > How do I maximize the web page screens on IE 7 using XP Home?

> To put IE in "full screen" mode, press F11, or select the "Full Screen" menu
> item from the Tools menu.
>
> > When I open a
> > web page there is always a space at the bottom which makes it necessary to
> > maximize the screen using the maximize button. Any suggestions are
> > appreciated. (Program screens open fine.)

> To maximize, click on the maximize icon, like any other window, or press
> Alt-Spacebar 'X' to maximize.

> http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\)

"Stephen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, Thanks for your response. I think that I may have worded my question
> incorrectly. I am aware of the "Full Screen" key that you mentioned but
> what
> I was referring to was the ability to maximize the web page to fill the
> screen. When I open a web page the page does not fully fill my screen so
> it
> is necessary to either click on the upper right hand square or right click
> on
> the upper area of the menu bar and select maximize. Of course this is not
> permanent.

Much of this is under the control of the webserver/webdeveloper,
particularly if the webpage is sized to a specific pixel height/width, and
your screen resolution is higher than that configured on the webpage.

You cannot really control the webpage itself, all you can control is the
placement and presentation of the web browser window on your display.

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Maximizing a JFrame tele2 Java 1 11-10-2005 10:52 PM
How Do I Write Listeners for Resizing or Maximizing a Window? kvnsmnsn@hotmail.com Java 6 08-30-2005 08:21 PM
Maximizing an aspx page Scott ASP .Net 3 12-13-2003 06:14 AM
Amazon wins patent for ordering HTML forms; Minimizing and Maximizing nospam ASP .Net 13 10-07-2003 04:33 PM
Maximizing Web Page Charles ASP .Net 1 08-09-2003 01:13 AM

Advertisments