Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Mail tip

Re: Mail tip

richard

On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 13:39:11 +0000, Alfred <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Just changed my ISP. Much faster and doesn't block newsgroups.
>However doesn't do email except as an extra. I already have email
>services in with my domain hosting but the smtp server suddenly
>stopped working friday night and their support only works office
>hours. A search for free smtp brought up the fact that google mail
>will allow you to post using their server if you register for a free
>acoount. Problem solved although I'm looking at the possibility of my
>own smtp server. Need to google when time permits

practically every decent host has mail service and gives you an smtp
server to use. You don't post to newsgroups through the smtp if
that's what you're wondering about. The only way that can be done is
by using a remailer.

Perhaps your problem is that you haven't got the settings right.

richard

On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 15:32:20 +0000, Alfred <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 07:17:02 -0800, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 13:39:11 +0000, Alfred <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>Just changed my ISP. Much faster and doesn't block newsgroups.
>>>However doesn't do email except as an extra. I already have email
>>>services in with my domain hosting but the smtp server suddenly
>>>stopped working friday night and their support only works office
>>>hours. A search for free smtp brought up the fact that google mail
>>>will allow you to post using their server if you register for a free
>>>acoount. Problem solved although I'm looking at the possibility of my
>>>own smtp server. Need to google when time permits

>>practically every decent host has mail service and gives you an smtp
>>server to use.

>Mine does but it fell over on friday night and will not be looked at
>until monday morning
>
>>You don't post to newsgroups through the smtp if
>>that's what you're wondering about. The only way that can be done is
>>by using a remailer.

>I'm well aware of how NGs work having been posting since 1994
>

>>Perhaps your problem is that you haven't got the settings right.

>Perhaps your problem is an inability to understand written english

Your problem is writing and comprehension at the same time.
If your ISP hosted the webspace as a freebee, along with the email,
then like duh, you ain't gonna get the email no way no how.

Not a customer? No service. Capiche?

Evan Platt

Your problem is... ****, where to begin....

>If your ISP hosted the webspace as a freebee, along with the email,
>then like duh, you ain't gonna get the email no way no how.
>
>Not a customer? No service. Capiche?

"I already have email services in with my domain hosting but the smtp
server suddenly stopped working friday night and their support only
works office hours."

Read much?

richard

On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 22:48:49 +0000, Alfred <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 14:20:42 -0800, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 15:32:20 +0000, Alfred <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:

>>>Mine does but it fell over on friday night and will not be looked at
>>>until monday morning

>>>I'm well aware of how NGs work having been posting since 1994

>>>Perhaps your problem is an inability to understand written english

>>Your problem is writing and comprehension at the same time.
>>If your ISP hosted the webspace as a freebee, along with the email,
>>then like duh, you ain't gonna get the email no way no how.

>No moron
>My web hosting company supplies email. The smtp server fell over
>ouytside of office hours.
>
>Web hosting company is not an ISP
>>
>>Not a customer? No service. Capiche?

>Cupid stunt!