Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java Framework

Java Framework

jagadesh

Hi Guys ,

I want To Develop A Framework For A Web Application. Can Any One
Provide Me Any Help In Developing A Framework From scratch.

Thanks in Advance For All Ur Help Guys

Daniel Pitts

jagadesh wrote:
> Hi Guys ,
>
> I want To Develop A Framework For A Web Application. Can Any One
> Provide Me Any Help In Developing A Framework From scratch.
>

> Thanks in Advance For All Ur Help Guys

Yes, start with Spring, Struts, or JSF. and don't write it from scratch.

A web framework is a huge undertaking (several years of man power I
would assume).

Also, the English language does have very specific capitalization rules,
please follow them to the best of your ability when writing English
sentences.

So, why do you want to build one from scratch anyway? Why not use an
existing one?

jagadesh

Hi Daniel,

i am not saying about the development of framework like spring or jsf.
but wht my exact requirement was i am developing a Web Application. i
want a way to develop a architecture for the application.i am sorry if
i asked a wrong question [ for architecure i asked for framework] . so
please help in deeloping an architecture for my web application

thank u

David Segall

jagadesh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi Daniel,
>
>i am not saying about the development of framework like spring or jsf.
>but wht my exact requirement was i am developing a Web Application. i
>want a way to develop a architecture for the application.i am sorry if
>i asked a wrong question [ for architecure i asked for framework] . so
>please help in deeloping an architecture for my web application

Use JSF <http://java.sun.com/javaee/javaserverfaces/>. Develop your
first web application in 25 minutes using NetBeans
<http://www.netbeans.org/kb/60/web/helloweb.html>.

Amit Jain

On Nov 10, 9:34*am, jagadesh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> i am not saying about the development of framework like spring or jsf.
> but wht my exact requirement was i am developing a Web Application. i
> want a way to develop a architecture for the application.i am sorry if
> i asked a wrong question [ for architecure i asked for framework] . so
> please help in deeloping an architecture for my web application
>
> thank u

Hi
pro-apache-struts-with-ajax book can help you.

Lew

Amit Jain wrote:
> pro-apache-struts-with-ajax book can help you.

Struts is a decent framework but not necessarily the recommended option. If
you do want Struts, go to struts.apache.org and read their docs before buying
a book.

jagadesh, look at Sun's "Model 2" architecture (search the java.sun.com site),
an implementation of "Model-View-Controller", or "MVC". (GIYF and WIYF.)
Struts implements Model 2. The newer Java Server Faces, or JSF, is a more
complex and powerful MVC architecture. Sun has a reference implementation,
and myfaces.apache.org also has an excellent implementation.

First and foremost, get used to this pattern, the heart of web-app MVC. Use
JSPs for the presentation, i.e., screens, the whole screens and nothing but
screens. Include no Java code, or "scriptlet", whatsoever in the JSP.
Instead, use the JSP Standard Tag Library, JSTL, possibly in conjunction with
either Struts or JSF tags. Put your business logic in "plain old Java
objects", POJOs, invoked by the JSPs via those tags. Put absolutely no visual
elements in the business logic. Separate database-aware logic into its own
"back-end" layer. For plain JSP MVC, you will write one servlet called a
"controller" (the "C" of "MVC") to coordinate between screen submissions,
business logic, and selection of the next screen at each point.

--
Lew

jagadesh

Thanks Guys,

Now I Will Start working

Amit Jain

On Nov 11, 8:00*am, jagadesh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Thanks Guys,
>
> Now I Will Start working

Hi,
I suggested struts book not to adopt Struts Framework. This book
explains how to design project along with Struts framework. This book
also talks about different framework and patterns.

Thanks
Amit Jain

Arved Sandstrom

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 09:22:52 -0500, Lew wrote:

> jagadesh wrote:
>>> i am not saying about the development of framework like spring or jsf.
>>> but wht my exact requirement was i am developing a Web Application. i
>>> want a way to develop a architecture for the application.i am sorry if
>>> i asked a wrong question [ for architecure i asked for framework] . so
>>> please help in deeloping an architecture for my web application

> Amit Jain wrote:
>> pro-apache-struts-with-ajax book can help you.

> Struts is a decent framework but not necessarily the recommended option.
> If you do want Struts, go to struts.apache.org and read their docs
> before buying a book.
>
> jagadesh, look at Sun's "Model 2" architecture (search the java.sun.com
> site), an implementation of "Model-View-Controller", or "MVC". (GIYF
> and WIYF.) Struts implements Model 2. The newer Java Server Faces, or
> JSF, is a more complex and powerful MVC architecture. Sun has a
> reference implementation, and myfaces.apache.org also has an excellent
> implementation.
>
> First and foremost, get used to this pattern, the heart of web-app MVC.
> Use JSPs for the presentation, i.e., screens, the whole screens and
> nothing but screens. Include no Java code, or "scriptlet", whatsoever
> in the JSP. Instead, use the JSP Standard Tag Library, JSTL, possibly in
> conjunction with either Struts or JSF tags. Put your business logic in
> "plain old Java objects", POJOs, invoked by the JSPs via those tags.
> Put absolutely no visual elements in the business logic. Separate
> database-aware logic into its own "back-end" layer. For plain JSP MVC,
> you will write one servlet called a "controller" (the "C" of "MVC") to
> coordinate between screen submissions, business logic, and selection of
> the next screen at each point.

Adding to the above, be aware that one common replacement for JSPs in the
view layer is Facelets. I'll point you to this article: http://
matthiaswessendorf.wordpress.com/2008/02/29/custom-jsf-components-with-
facelets/ I myself am sold on Facelets rather than JSP.

AHS

jagadesh

Thanks Guys

I Will Work The Ways .