Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > import data from Access to SQL2005 64bit problem

import data from Access to SQL2005 64bit problem

Tarvirdi

Dear friends,
I have a table in an access file and want to import it to a MsSql database.
I have SQL2005 64bit version.
to do import, I tried to create a LinkedServer to access file but failed
because have not jetConnect. As I knew I should install MDAC. I tried to
find MDAC for x64 installation, but failed
-Is there any other way to import data from access table to MSSQL?
-Where can I find and download required jet connect(mdac) for x64 mssql?
Thanks
Tarvirdi

Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

Tarvirdi wrote:

>Dear friends,
>I have a table in an access file and want to import it to a MsSql database.
>I have SQL2005 64bit version.
>to do import, I tried to create a LinkedServer to access file but failed
>because have not jetConnect. As I knew I should install MDAC. I tried to
>find MDAC for x64 installation, but failed
>-Is there any other way to import data from access table to MSSQL?
>-Where can I find and download required jet connect(mdac) for x64 mssql?

There is no 64-bit Jet driver.

You have to use ADO.Net from within the CLR to import from Access (and no,
I don't know any more than that).

Or use Access to export to SQL (there is a 32-bit SQL Server ODBC driver
that Access can use on x64 - you need to use the SYSWOW64\ODBCAd32.exe to
configure 32-bit ODBC drivers).

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
---------------------------------------

Doug Forster

Hi Tarviridi,

I'm having no difficulty doing this directly. Make a database. Right click
database. Tasks/Import data and select Access as the data source when the
wizard starts.

Cheers
Doug Forster

PS You would be better asking questions like this in a SqlServer NG e.g.
microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup

news:(E-Mail Removed)...