Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Is there a way to step debug the multiprocessing python program?

Is there a way to step debug the multiprocessing python program?

davy zhang

I mean every process attach like thread in wingide

like thread or tasklet in wingide

maybe I asked toooo much

Aaron Brady

On Nov 7, 9:15*pm, "davy zhang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I mean every process attach like thread in wingide
>
> like thread or tasklet in wingide
>

> maybe I asked toooo much

Here is where 'multiprocessing' assembles the command line to spawn
the subprocess (Windows version):

if getattr(sys, 'frozen', False):
return [sys.executable, '--multiprocessing-fork']
else:
prog = 'from multiprocessing.forking import main; main()'
return [_python_exe, '-c', prog, '--multiprocessing-fork']

It's in multiprocessing/forking.py. As you see, 'main()' is run in
the separate process first thing, which calls self._bootstrap().
Perhaps you can muck around with that and hook it into your IDE
somehow. Even using pdb, which is just a module in Python itself, was
a bit tricky. Let is know what you learn.