Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > how to enable logging for DHCP events on a router>

how to enable logging for DHCP events on a router>

aleu@vp.pl

Hi all,

I have a Cisco router which is assigning IP addresses to my client
workstations with DHCP. Could you please let me know how to configure it
to send syslog notifications only on DHCP events (such as: client X with
MAC address of x, has been assigned IP address of y) to a remote syslog
collector? I know how to enable logging to a syslog server, but I do not
want to enable logging for all kinds of events (by setting the severity
level to "informational"), just DHCP related.

Thank you.
AL