Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Neen Mitel 52xx SIP Phone Firmware - Mitel site is down...

Neen Mitel 52xx SIP Phone Firmware - Mitel site is down...

Rich

Hi,

I have been looking everywhere for the latest SIP firmware (v8?) for Mitel
52xx IP Phones.

The Mitel SIP download site (sipdnld.mitel.com) appears to have been taken
offline.

Does anyone know where I can obtain the latest Mitel SIP firmware?

Thanks

--

Rich

alexd

Rich wrote:

> The Mitel SIP download site (sipdnld.mitel.com) appears to have been taken
> offline.

$ wget sipdnld.mitel.com
--2008-11-07 23:19:11-- http://sipdnld.mitel.com/
Resolving sipdnld.mitel.com... 216.191.234.138
Connecting to sipdnld.mitel.com|216.191.234.138|:80... failed: Connection
refused.

Cute! It would be nice of them to put up a simple message of explanation if
they're going to withdraw the service. OTOH, it may be down for
maintenance.

23:19:29 up 23 days, 4:10, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.04, 0.05

Rich

"alexd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rich wrote:
>
>> The Mitel SIP download site (sipdnld.mitel.com) appears to have been
>> taken
>> offline.

> $ wget sipdnld.mitel.com
> --2008-11-07 23:19:11-- http://sipdnld.mitel.com/
> Resolving sipdnld.mitel.com... 216.191.234.138
> Connecting to sipdnld.mitel.com|216.191.234.138|:80... failed: Connection
> refused.
>
> Cute! It would be nice of them to put up a simple message of explanation
> if
> they're going to withdraw the service. OTOH, it may be down for
> maintenance.
>
> --
> <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ((E-Mail Removed))
> 23:19:29 up 23 days, 4:10, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.04, 0.05
> They call me titless because I have no tits

Yes, there's a higlighted note at the top of this page -
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/M...SIP+Conversion that
suggests that the site has been taken down.

This kind of 'Iron Curtain' approach to support by Mitel wouldn't exactly
persuade me to recommend them to a prospective client I don't think they
are doing themselves any favours. At this rate the Mitel handsets will be
binned and replaced with something more 'open'.

--

Rich

marcpurd@gmail.com

On Nov 8, 5:08*am, "Rich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "alexd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> > Rich wrote:

> >> The Mitel SIP download site (sipdnld.mitel.com) appears to have been
> >> taken
> >> offline.

> > They call me titless because I have no tits

> Yes, there's a higlighted note at the top of this page -http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Mitel+MiNET+to+SIP+Conversionthat
> suggests that the site has been taken down.

Yeah and the kicker is that under the Firewall/Nat settings on the
phones, the suggested discovery URL is http://sipdnld.mitel.com/Remote.shtml
with the server down the phones don't get the public IP of the
firewall they are behind and can/will run into problems there. I
agree, when it comes time to buy new phones I won't be looking at
Mitel, I'll go for the ones that have a history of providing firmware
updates on their website.

Marc.