Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Adapting onBlur functionality of javascript in ASP.net??

Adapting onBlur functionality of javascript in ASP.net??

Jeffrey

Hello

I have several textboxes in a datagrid footer. When the user inputs
something first textbox, the values of the other textboxes are updated.
Basically I want the "onBlur" functionality of javascript here, but using
codebehind.

Why I don't want to use javascript for this is because I have to connect to
my database and all the users' browsers have to be configured to allow
"access to data source across domain" ( which doesn't seem right to me in a
web environment )...

Does anyone has an idea ? Can I do it through postback? Can postback be
triggerred programmatically?

Any suggestion will be much appreciated

Jef

David Keenan

Hi Jeff,

You can use the onblur javascript event on the textbox
to fire the __doPostBack(eventTarget, eventArgument)
function supplied by the framework. There are plenty
examples on the web of how to do utilise this function.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Jeffrey

Thanks David. It works fine

news:2b6a101c39315$046b4100$(E-Mail Removed)...

Adapting the Lucene Demo Keith Java 0 10-22-2007 05:34 PM
Problems adapting CSS Chris Leffer ASP .Net 3 11-23-2005 06:51 PM
adapting a Vivitar 285 to be a "slave" Tom Digital Photography 3 06-10-2005 12:58 PM
Adapting code to multiple platforms Jeffrey Barish Python 6 03-14-2005 03:08 AM
adapting old asp page to new Steve Chatham ASP .Net 0 10-16-2003 04:53 PM

Advertisments