Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > request: sample vcd files for TimingAnalyzer

request: sample vcd files for TimingAnalyzer

timinganalyzer

Hi All,

A newly added feature of the TimingAnalyzer is the ability to
read .vcd files. These files can be generated by logic simulators or
tools like Xilinx chipscope, or test equipment like logic analyzers.
So, you can easily make annotated timing diagrams from simulation or
test equipment outputs.

Would it be possible to email any .vcd files samples that you might
have, that are not proprietary, so I can test this feature with .vcd
files from as many sources as possible?

(E-Mail Removed)

Thank you in advance,
Dan

www.timing-diagrams.com

Amal

Does it support verilog1995 VCD? Or Extended VCD format?

-- Amal

On Nov 7, 10:50*am, timinganalyzer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> A newly added feature of the TimingAnalyzer is the ability to
> read .vcd files. *These files can be generated by logic simulators or
> tools like Xilinx chipscope, or test equipment like logic analyzers.
> So, *you can easily make annotated timing diagrams from simulation or
> test equipment outputs.
>
> Would it be possible to email any .vcd files samples that you might
> have, *that are not proprietary, *so I can test this feature with .vcd
> files from as many sources as possible?
>
> (E-Mail Removed)
> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Dan
>
> www.timing-diagrams.com

timinganalyzer

On Nov 10, 5:24*pm, Amal <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Does it support verilog1995 VCD? *Or Extended VCD format?
>
> -- Amal
>
> On Nov 7, 10:50*am, timinganalyzer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,

> > A newly added feature of the TimingAnalyzer is the ability to
> > read .vcd files. *These files can be generated by logic simulators or
> > tools like Xilinx chipscope, or test equipment like logic analyzers.
> > So, *you can easily make annotated timing diagrams from simulation or
> > test equipment outputs.

> > Would it be possible to email any .vcd files samples that you might
> > have, *that are not proprietary, *so I can test this feature with .vcd
> > files from as many sources as possible?

> > (E-Mail Removed)
> > (E-Mail Removed)

> > Thank you in advance,
> > Dan

> >www.timing-diagrams.com

Currently, just the vcd format, but I could add the extended vcd
format if requested.

Do you know what tools work with the extended format? I have also
worked with a compressed file format which might of interest to some
users working with large simulations.

Thanks, Dan

HT-Lab

"timinganalyzer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On Nov 10, 5:24 pm, Amal <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Does it support verilog1995 VCD? Or Extended VCD format?
>
> -- Amal
>
> On Nov 7, 10:50 am, timinganalyzer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,

> > A newly added feature of the TimingAnalyzer is the ability to
> > read .vcd files. These files can be generated by logic simulators or
> > tools like Xilinx chipscope, or test equipment like logic analyzers.
> > So, you can easily make annotated timing diagrams from simulation or
> > test equipment outputs.

> > Would it be possible to email any .vcd files samples that you might
> > have, that are not proprietary, so I can test this feature with .vcd
> > files from as many sources as possible?

> > (E-Mail Removed)
> > (E-Mail Removed)

> > Thank you in advance,
> > Dan

> >www.timing-diagrams.com

>Currently, just the vcd format, but I could add the extended vcd
>format if requested.
>
>Do you know what tools work with the extended format?

Modelsim is one of them.

Hans
www.ht-lab.com

> I have also
>worked with a compressed file format which might of interest to some
>users working with large simulations.
>
>Thanks, Dan

timinganalyzer

On Nov 11, 3:22*am, "HT-Lab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "timinganalyzer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Nov 10, 5:24 pm, Amal <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > Does it support verilog1995 VCD? Or Extended VCD format?

> > -- Amal

> > On Nov 7, 10:50 am, timinganalyzer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > Hi All,

> > > A newly added feature of the TimingAnalyzer is the ability to
> > > read .vcd files. These files can be generated by logic simulators or
> > > tools like Xilinx chipscope, or test equipment like logic analyzers.
> > > So, you can easily make annotated timing diagrams from simulation or
> > > test equipment outputs.

> > > Would it be possible to email any .vcd files samples that you might
> > > have, that are not proprietary, so I can test this feature with .vcd
> > > files from as many sources as possible?

> > > (E-Mail Removed)
> > > (E-Mail Removed)

> > > Thank you in advance,
> > > Dan

> > >www.timing-diagrams.com

> >Currently, *just the vcd format, *but I could add the extended vcd
> >format if requested.

> >Do you know what tools work with the extended format?

> Modelsim is one of them.
>
> Hanswww.ht-lab.com
>
> > I have also
> >worked with a compressed file format which might of interest to some
> >users working with large simulations.

> >Thanks, *Dan

Hi Hans,

Could you send me examples of vcd and evcd files generated by
Modelsim?

Thanks, Dan