Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Why do DSLR's still use mirrors?

Re: Why do DSLR's still use mirrors?

Eric Stevens

On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 21:16:18 -0700, "Roger N. Clark (change username
to rnclark)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

--- snip ----

>Test your shutter lag in your camera at:
>http://www.shooting-digital.com/colu...st/default.asp

That seems a better test of my reaction time than anything else.

--- snip ----

Eric Stevens

David J Taylor

Alan Browne wrote:
> Eric Stevens wrote:
>> On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 21:16:18 -0700, "Roger N. Clark (change username
>> to rnclark)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Test your shutter lag in your camera at:
>>> http://www.shooting-digital.com/colu...st/default.asp

> On Safari and Firefox (Mac) the arrow hesitates passing through 0, so
> better to test from the 1 at the bottom...

It does that with Firefox and MS Internet Explorer on a PC as well. I
wonder if that's a deliberate built-in delay to allow for human reaction
time? Or just a fault in the Adobe Flash player?

David

SMS

Alan Browne wrote:

> If you have a stopwatch timer on your computer you could run that and
> then depress the shutter as it goes through each second. Do 5 in a row
> (say every 2 or 3 seconds) and then take the stats from the images...

The results I got were very close to the published tests by
professionals, so that program does work pretty well.

It was kind of cool to see how long the shutter stayed open to
compensate for the low light, you can see the arrow as if it was in
time-lapse.

In any case, it only verified what everyone already knew--the auto-focus
on D-SLRs is much much faster.

why still use C? cody C Programming 701 09-22-2006 12:45 AM
Why do so many new style ansi streams and files etc, still use old style strings? Kza C++ 4 03-03-2006 07:00 PM
I need to kow why analog is still in update. My computer browser(XP) Can't use it.... Charles Computer Support 1 05-01-2004 09:18 PM

Advertisments