Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Re: sipgate and bt talk phone

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: sipgate and bt talk phone

 
 
Gordon Henderson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-07-2008
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
bt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Hello
>
>Can anyone help.
>
>I'm looking for a phone that i can use with 2 sipgate numbers and also bt
>talk.
>
>Can anyone suggest a handset please, someone suggested a grandsteam


If you can use BT talk with a standard SIP device, then you need a SIP
device with at least 3 accounts - and a Grandstream GXP2000 does fit the
bill. As does a Snom 320 but you might not like the price of that.

If you want to do wireless, one of the Siemens or Snom DECT range will
work too. (But the Snom is a PITA to switch outbound accounts on with a
single handset, and GymRatz Pete might have views on the Siemens units

An alternative would be a small PBX appliance device which itself can
register to the external SIP accounts, then have a handset on the inside
and program in some codes to select the outgoing channel - probably
a complete overkill for your application though!

Gordon


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Chris Davies
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-07-2008
Gordon Henderson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> An alternative would be a small PBX appliance device which itself can
> register to the external SIP accounts, then have a handset on the inside
> and program in some codes to select the outgoing channel - probably
> a complete overkill for your application though!


My Sipura 3102 does something like this for me very nicely.
Chris
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Gordon Henderson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-07-2008
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Chris Davies <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Gordon Henderson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> An alternative would be a small PBX appliance device which itself can
>> register to the external SIP accounts, then have a handset on the inside
>> and program in some codes to select the outgoing channel - probably
>> a complete overkill for your application though!

>
>My Sipura 3102 does something like this for me very nicely.


Doesn't that only support 2 SIP sessions? The OP wanted 3...

But there is becoming a bit of a blurred distinction between small
appliances and PBXs though - Ftitz/AVM 7050 for example..

Gordon
 
Reply With Quote
 
Chris Davies
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-07-2008
Gordon Henderson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Chris Davies <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Gordon Henderson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> An alternative would be a small PBX appliance device which itself can
>>> register to the external SIP accounts, then have a handset on the inside
>>> and program in some codes to select the outgoing channel - probably
>>> a complete overkill for your application though!

>>
>>My Sipura 3102 does something like this for me very nicely.


> Doesn't that only support 2 SIP sessions? The OP wanted 3...


It can handle one inbound and four outbound. However, re-reading the
original request it looks like they may have wanted two inbound (it
wasn't explicitly stated), so I guess the 3102 doesn't quite hack it.

Mind you, it's possible to forward Sipgate numbers to other Sipgate
numbers FOC, so if the OP isn't fussed knowing on which Sipgate number
a call was originally presented, then it could all work quite nicely:

Sipgate 1 --> Sipgate 2
Sipgate 2 --> Sipura 3102 (registered to Sipgate 2)
BT POTS --> Sipura 3102

Sipura 3102 --> SMSListo (or Sipgate) with Sipgate 2 CLI
Sipura 3102 --> SMSListo with Sipgate 1 CLI
Sipura 3102 --> SMSListo with BT POTS CLI
Sipura 3102 --> BT POTS

I use a "**N" prefix, for various single digit values of N, to force
my Sipura to dial SMSListo with an appropriate CLI ("username") so I
can present Home, WFH, Office, or Mobile numbers. Or to make a call via
BT POTS.

Chris
 
Reply With Quote
 
Chris Davies
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-07-2008
bt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Line 1 0151 123 1234 BT Talk
> Line 2 0151 246 2468 Sipgate number
> Line 3 0151 000 0000 sipgate number


> I would be able to recive calls on any of the numbers and dial out on
> either as well.


(a) Do you need to know from which of your two Sipgate numbers a call
has been placed?

(b) Do you need to use Sipgate to dial out, or would you happy to use
a Betamax clone (e.g. SMSListo)? Note that the Betamax clones /can/
present your Sipgate numbers as CLI so to the recipient there would be
no difference

Chris
 
Reply With Quote
 
Gordon Henderson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-08-2008
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
bt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Hello
>
>Firstly thank you very much for your help.
>
>Sorry if i was not clear in what i want to try and do which is:
>
>Have a handset with 2 sepertae sipgate numbers and also a bt talk number
>programmed into it.
>So for example:
>
>Line 1 0151 123 1234 BT Talk
>Line 2 0151 246 2468 Sipgate number
>Line 3 0151 000 0000 sipgate number
>
>i would be able to recive calls on any of the numbers and dial out on either
>as well.
>
>You have guessed i am not very good at comms so any help is apreciated and
>also need it simple.
>
>Again thanks in adavance.


If you can get the SIP credentials (proxy/server, login & password) out
of the BT system, then the easiest way forward would be to get a
Grandstream GXP2000 and program up 3 separate accounts.

Other solutions will work, but I have to say, they're such a faff! I'm a
geek and even I wouldn't make the effort to do forwarding, use voxalot,
etc. Lifes too short. Just get a phone that can handle it and off you
go.

Gordon

>
>
>.....
>"Chris Davies" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Gordon Henderson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>>> Chris Davies <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>>Gordon Henderson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>>> An alternative would be a small PBX appliance device which itself can
>>>>> register to the external SIP accounts, then have a handset on the
>>>>> inside
>>>>> and program in some codes to select the outgoing channel - probably
>>>>> a complete overkill for your application though!
>>>>
>>>>My Sipura 3102 does something like this for me very nicely.

>>
>>> Doesn't that only support 2 SIP sessions? The OP wanted 3...

>>
>> It can handle one inbound and four outbound. However, re-reading the
>> original request it looks like they may have wanted two inbound (it
>> wasn't explicitly stated), so I guess the 3102 doesn't quite hack it.
>>
>> Mind you, it's possible to forward Sipgate numbers to other Sipgate
>> numbers FOC, so if the OP isn't fussed knowing on which Sipgate number
>> a call was originally presented, then it could all work quite nicely:
>>
>> Sipgate 1 --> Sipgate 2
>> Sipgate 2 --> Sipura 3102 (registered to Sipgate 2)
>> BT POTS --> Sipura 3102
>>
>> Sipura 3102 --> SMSListo (or Sipgate) with Sipgate 2 CLI
>> Sipura 3102 --> SMSListo with Sipgate 1 CLI
>> Sipura 3102 --> SMSListo with BT POTS CLI
>> Sipura 3102 --> BT POTS
>>
>> I use a "**N" prefix, for various single digit values of N, to force
>> my Sipura to dial SMSListo with an appropriate CLI ("username") so I
>> can present Home, WFH, Office, or Mobile numbers. Or to make a call via
>> BT POTS.
>>
>> Chris

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Chris Davies
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-08-2008
Jono <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I've found that, although the correct CLI is presented by Betamax, BT
> often treat it as International and discard it.


I've never found that. Yet.
Chris
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: sipgate and bt talk phone Graham. UK VOIP 1 11-07-2008 11:49 PM
VOIP-Buster nummbers free with Talk-Talk? PavaRodney UK VOIP 4 01-01-2007 12:37 PM
Change to Talk Talk Bob B Wireless Networking 2 08-24-2006 09:19 AM
Skype and Talk Talk Sacred UK VOIP 9 08-01-2006 08:57 PM
Unable to post to talk.origins - but talk.atheism ok Rolf Computer Support 2 04-09-2006 09:48 AM



Advertisments