Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: A question about blogsites

Re: A question about blogsites

Blinky the Shark

Joe the Plumber wrote:

> Now let's say that I own the domain name www.baldspot.com and I want to open
> an ecommerce BLOGSITE on which guys could order hair restorer. But I don't
> want to have an actual website built because of expense; I don't want to try
> and build my own website because of lack of expertise and I don't want to
> pay hosting fees to boot.

Well, then it looks like you're screwed.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

VanguardLH

Joe the Plumber wrote:

> You mean to tell me that no one in a supremo group like this knows how to
> wiggle, wangle, dodge and weave in order to set up a website for free?
> Impossible to believe.

Yes, they do. But you already stipulated conditions that render that
expertise inappropriate to your request. You don't want do the work of
generating the HTML code in a free web site to turn it into a commercial
site with ordering support. So, do YOU work for free?

Blinky the Shark

Joe the Plumber wrote:

> You mean to tell me that no one in a supremo group like this knows how to
> wiggle, wangle, dodge and weave in order to set up a website for free?
> Impossible to believe.

Well, you've ruled out all the good possibilities: learning how to do it,
having someone who knows how to do it do it, and having it professionally
hosted.

--

Joe the Plumber wrote:

> You mean to tell me that no one in a supremo group like this knows how to

Uh...better for your purposes than alt.www.webmaster? Not. But it you
take your question there, remember to spell out the same restrictions:
you won't create the site (requires skills); you won't pay someone else to
create the site (requires money for their skills); won't allow it to be
professionally hosted (requires money).

--

My recommendation of alt.www.webmaster stands.