Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to convert JPEG image into a binary data?

How to convert JPEG image into a binary data?

Lucas Cowald

Hi,

Using ASP and VBScript. How to convert JPEG image into a binary data? Is it
possible with a command from ASP / VBScript without having to put it into a
database first?

I want to take the JPEG image from a folder, convert it into a binary data,
and stream it to the browser. How can I do it? Can you show a short code?

Thank you for your help.

Kevin Spencer

Here's a good reference for you, on the Microsoft .Net SDK online:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...tingimages.asp

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Big Things are made up of
Lots of Little Things.

"Lucas Cowald" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Using ASP and VBScript. How to convert JPEG image into a binary data? Is

it
> possible with a command from ASP / VBScript without having to put it into

> database first?
>
> I want to take the JPEG image from a folder, convert it into a binary

data,
> and stream it to the browser. How can I do it? Can you show a short code?
>
> Thank you for your help.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

You can turn an image into a binary stream with code like this:

Dim ms As New System.IO.MemoryStream()
MyImage.Save(ms, Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Jpeg)

But I don't know what you expect the browser to do with this.
What are you trying to accomplish?

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP