Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Query netgroup information through python

Query netgroup information through python

Joel Heenan

Python List,

We have a setup where we have implemented NIS Netgroups through LDAP.
I'm looking to query this information through python. We don't have a
nis domain or nis server so I don't think the nis module is
appropriate, what I think I'm looking for is python bindings for nss
(name switching services). Does such a module exist? grp, pwd, spwd I
think are all going through NSS but do not handle netgroups.

Thanks

Joel