Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > About exams retirement...

About exams retirement...

Ricardo D. Masabel Avendaño

Hello everybody.

I have a little question. I hope anybody here will help me.

I'm a MCAD and an MCTS - SQL Server 2005. To become an MCSD I need to pass
exam 70-300 - Analyzing Requirements and Defining Microsoft .NET Solution
Architectures.

Will I be able to take the upgrade exams to become and MCTS or MCPD after
these exams retirement?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Bye.

Ricardo Masabel

Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\)

"Ricardo D. Masabel Avendaño" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello everybody.
>
> I have a little question. I hope anybody here will help me.
>
> I'm a MCAD and an MCTS - SQL Server 2005. To become an MCSD I need to pass
> exam 70-300 - Analyzing Requirements and Defining Microsoft .NET Solution
> Architectures.
>
> Will I be able to take the upgrade exams to become and MCTS or MCPD after
> these exams retirement?

The upgrade exams from MSCD to MCPD: Enterprise Applications Developer...
- 70-553: Upgrade MCSD Skills to MCPD Enterprise Application Developer Part
1
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...ms/70-553.mspx
- 70-554: Upgrade MCSD Skills to MCPD Enterprise Application Developer Part
2
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...ms/70-554.mspx

are scheduled for retirement on March 31, 2009,

as are the upgrade exams from MCAD to MCTS:
[Web] http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...ms/70-551.mspx
[Win] http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...ms/70-552.mspx

And... to answer the simple question of "What does 'retirement' mean?"...

NO... you cannot take an exam after it's retired.

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Lawrence,
You scared me! The upgrade exams are not up for retirement in March.
They will be around for a little while longer.

Thanks,
Freddie L Richard
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/2/35a/601

--
Thanks,
Freddie L Richard
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/2/35a/601
"Lawrence Garvin (MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Ricardo D. Masabel Avendaño" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello everybody.
>>
>> I have a little question. I hope anybody here will help me.
>>
>> I'm a MCAD and an MCTS - SQL Server 2005. To become an MCSD I need to
>> pass exam 70-300 - Analyzing Requirements and Defining Microsoft .NET
>> Solution Architectures.
>>
>> Will I be able to take the upgrade exams to become and MCTS or MCPD after
>> these exams retirement?

> The upgrade exams from MSCD to MCPD: Enterprise Applications Developer...
> - 70-553: Upgrade MCSD Skills to MCPD Enterprise Application Developer
> Part 1
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...ms/70-553.mspx
> - 70-554: Upgrade MCSD Skills to MCPD Enterprise Application Developer
> Part 2
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...ms/70-554.mspx
>
> are scheduled for retirement on March 31, 2009,
>
> as are the upgrade exams from MCAD to MCTS:
> [Web] http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...ms/70-551.mspx
> [Win] http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...ms/70-552.mspx
>

> And... to answer the simple question of "What does 'retirement' mean?"...
>
> NO... you cannot take an exam after it's retired.

> http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\)

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lawrence,
> You scared me! The upgrade exams are not up for retirement in March.
> They will be around for a little while longer.

Oooops. Sorry about that. I must have seen the 40% discount offer and
assumed the cause as retirement. I see now that upgrade exams, as well as
retiring exams, are being included in this special offer.

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Graham Smith

I've just fallen for this too The top of the discount web page mentions
retirement and I read beyond that.

The discount page is here:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...t/default.mspx

The retirement page is here:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...storetire.mspx

Graham.

"Lawrence Garvin (MVP)" wrote:

> Oooops. Sorry about that. I must have seen the 40% discount offer and
> assumed the cause as retirement. I see now that upgrade exams, as well as
> retiring exams, are being included in this special offer.

Lawrence Garvin [MVP]

"Graham Smith" <Graham http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I've just fallen for this too The top of the discount web page
> mentions
> retirement and I read beyond that.
>
> The discount page is here:
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...t/default.mspx

Hey thanks for the reminder. I just sat the -228, and was pondering whether
to work on the -447, or switch over to the SQL 2005 Developer exams....

Given the 40% discount on the -447, there's no reason I shouldn't go sit for
the exam!

Gotta love those $75 cert exams!

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA