Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > question

question

huss

Hi all
How are you all anyway i want to ask you question can if i want to
upgrade 32bit prossesor to 64bit i know i must change the motherboard
thats all or i must change any other hardware like the hard disk and
ram ok thats all
thank you all
bye

Paul

huss wrote:
> Hi all
> How are you all anyway i want to ask you question can if i want to
> upgrade 32bit prossesor to 64bit i know i must change the motherboard
> thats all or i must change any other hardware like the hard disk and
> ram ok thats all
> thank you all
> bye

In theory, the change could be limited to only the processor itself.

If you mentioned some details about your computer (make and model)
or motherboard (make and model), it makes it easier to give you a
real answer.

The hard disk and RAM don't know what kind of processor is being
used.

Paul

Jeff Strickland

"Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:gesqqi$10h$(E-Mail Removed)...
> huss wrote:
>> Hi all
>> How are you all anyway i want to ask you question can if i want to
>> upgrade 32bit prossesor to 64bit i know i must change the motherboard
>> thats all or i must change any other hardware like the hard disk and
>> ram ok thats all
>> thank you all
>> bye

> In theory, the change could be limited to only the processor itself.
>
> If you mentioned some details about your computer (make and model)
> or motherboard (make and model), it makes it easier to give you a
> real answer.
>
> The hard disk and RAM don't know what kind of processor is being
> used.

What Paul said.

I have one thing to offer, the new processor may require a motherboard
upgrade to support the data bus, and this can drive the need for a different
type of RAM. Having said that, if you can upgrade the processor on the
existing motherboard, then the rest of your stuff is good to go.

John Holmes

Jeff Strickland "contributed" in alt.computer:

> news:gesqqi$10h$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> huss wrote:
>>> Hi all
>>> How are you all anyway i want to ask you question can if i want to
>>> upgrade 32bit prossesor to 64bit i know i must change the
>>> motherboard thats all or i must change any other hardware like the
>>> hard disk and ram ok thats all
>>> thank you all
>>> bye

>> In theory, the change could be limited to only the processor itself.
>>
>> If you mentioned some details about your computer (make and model)
>> or motherboard (make and model), it makes it easier to give you a
>> real answer.
>>
>> The hard disk and RAM don't know what kind of processor is being
>> used.
>>

> What Paul said.
>
> I have one thing to offer, the new processor may require a motherboard
> upgrade to support the data bus, and this can drive the need for a
> different type of RAM. Having said that, if you can upgrade the
> processor on the existing motherboard, then the rest of your stuff is
> good to go.

What about his OS?

--
<snip>

Jeff Strickland

"John Holmes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jeff Strickland "contributed" in alt.computer:
>

>> "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:gesqqi$10h$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> In theory, the change could be limited to only the processor itself.
>>>
>>> If you mentioned some details about your computer (make and model)
>>> or motherboard (make and model), it makes it easier to give you a
>>> real answer.
>>>
>>> The hard disk and RAM don't know what kind of processor is being
>>> used.
>>>

>> What Paul said.
>>
>> I have one thing to offer, the new processor may require a motherboard
>> upgrade to support the data bus, and this can drive the need for a
>> different type of RAM. Having said that, if you can upgrade the
>> processor on the existing motherboard, then the rest of your stuff is
>> good to go.
>>

> What about his OS?

I assume he wants a 64 bit processer to support gong to a 64 bit OS. You
raise a good point though, the OP may not have thought of the OS.

huss

On Nov 6, 8:04*pm, "huss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> 'Sup, dude all How are ya' all anyway ah' wants' t' ax' ya' quesshun kin
> if ah' wants' t' upgrade 32bit prossesor t' 64bit ah' know ah' must
> change de damn moderboard dats all o' ah' must change any oda' hardware
> likes de disk doodad sump'n o' oder and ram coo' dats all dank ya' all
> bye

thanks for all who stay in touch with my question but who take my name
it is not good thing anyway thank you all