Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Power Management - doesn't work

Power Management - doesn't work

TheStoneCrusher

I am running XP sp2 and when I select Control rPanel -> Power Management and
select 'never' for all of the non-battery optons, my computer gives me an
openings nocreen after about two minutes if I am not using it. What's
wrong?
Goodwill,
Luke

RickMerrill

TheStoneCrusher wrote:
> I am running XP sp2 and when I select Control rPanel -> Power Management and
> select 'never' for all of the non-battery optons, my computer gives me an
> openings nocreen after about two minutes if I am not using it. What's
> wrong?
> Goodwill,
> Luke

Toshiba (and others) have customized power controls.

Evan Platt

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 10:31:38 -0500, "TheStoneCrusher"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am running XP sp2 and when I select Control rPanel -> Power Management and
>select 'never' for all of the non-battery optons, my computer gives me an
>openings nocreen after about two minutes if I am not using it. What's
>wrong?

What is a 'openings nocreen'?

Many laptops have hardware power management options. For example, my
Toshiba Tecra has a utility that overrides any XP power management
settings. Look there.