Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to write to messaging queue on UNIX?

How to write to messaging queue on UNIX?

mirin

From my ASP.NET 2.0 web application running on a Windows 2003 server,
I want to write a message to a WebSphere messaging queue running on a
UNIX Solaris machine. I have the destination hostname, port, channel
name, user name, and queue name. How can I achieve this?

bruce barker

you have a couple options

1) get the MQ client library for .net available from IBM
2) write a webservice on websphere that exposes the queue

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

mirin wrote:
> From my ASP.NET 2.0 web application running on a Windows 2003 server,
> I want to write a message to a WebSphere messaging queue running on a
> UNIX Solaris machine. I have the destination hostname, port, channel
> name, user name, and queue name. How can I achieve this?

mirin

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your suggestions. I've tried MQ client library. Not too
many examples around though but managed to figure things out more or
less. Next I need to send a whole XML doc across so let me poke around
with that.

Many Thanks!
mirin