Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > Intel Core i7

Intel Core i7

Ian Ian is offline
Administrator
Ian's Avatar

Xbit Labs review the latest Intel Core i7 processors, the first incarnation of the new Nehalem microarchitecture for desktop platforms:

Quote:
Yesterday Intel lifted the NDA on reviews of desktop Core i7 processors based on new Nehalem microarchitecture. Of course, we couldn’t miss this important event and tested the new CPU. The benchmark results add to the information we have already revealed in our review of the new microarchitecture. Nevertheless, we have to stress that this review doesn’t signify the official launch of the new processor. Core i7 family will be officially released in the middle of this month, when the new solutions appear in retail.
The first processors from the new family will belong to the upper price range. Until mid of next year they will hardly affect the mass market, where very successful Core 2 Quad and Core 2 Duo processors will still be available.
Find out more here.