Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Xsi photo...I miss MANUAL manual settings.

Xsi photo...I miss MANUAL manual settings.

Nervous Nick

I am still relatively new at working the digital settings on a camera
(I miss the aperture ring, etc.), but FWIW, this was from a Halloween
bike ride I took with the Xsi and kit (17-55 lens, IS turned off) at
ISO 100, 24mm, F/4, 1/750.

I was taking photos of the background when this barge came down the
canal. I only had a few seconds to set up the exposure, and I'm
pleasantly surprised at the depth of field I got (I cannot remember
the focus point), and that the focus was more or less what I wanted.
Maybe my years of shooting Kodachrome with the T-90 are starting to
pay off.

I resized the file and sharpened it once in PS.

OK, well, I guess you had to be there. Gotta start over somewhere.

--
YOP...

Nervous Nick

And it always helps to post the link, doesn't it. Sorry:

http://santafe.kriho.com/Oct2008fun/bargeslarger.jpg