Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Implementing Hibernate for existing MySQL schema

Implementing Hibernate for existing MySQL schema

Carla

Hello,

I am planning to implement Hibernate based persistence model for my
existing MySQL schema.

While talking to a friend today, I came to know about reverse
engineering tools that will reduce the amount of work required to
complete Hibernate implementation.

Can someone please explain in three or four points -
- what tools do I need to purchase
- once I'll have the tools, what are the major steps in the impl.
process
- how much time does it take to complete this process for a relatively
small database with fairly non-complex relationships.

Thanks,
Carla

Carla

On Nov 3, 7:21 pm, Carla <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am planning to implement Hibernate based persistence model for my
> existing MySQL schema.
>
> While talking to a friend today, I came to know about reverse
> engineering tools that will reduce the amount of work required to
> complete Hibernate implementation.
>
> Can someone please explain in three or four points -
> - what tools do I need to purchase
> - once I'll have the tools, what are the major steps in the impl.
> process
> - how much time does it take to complete this process for a relatively
> small database with fairly non-complex relationships.
>
> Thanks,
> Carla

I am eagerly looking for some help.

RedGrittyBrick

http://www.hibernate.org/255.html lists some.

>> - once I'll have the tools, what are the major steps in the impl.
>> process
>> - how much time does it take to complete this process for a relatively
>> small database with fairly non-complex relationships.

http://www.hibernate.org/20.html lists discussion fora you might
usefully use.

>> Thanks,
>> Carla

> I am eagerly looking for some help.

Perhaps the experts here are hibernating?

--
RGB

Lew

On Nov 4, 10:46*am, RedGrittyBrick <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Carla wrote:
> > On Nov 3, 7:21 pm, Carla <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> Hello,

> >> I am planning to implement Hibernate based persistence model for my
> >> existing MySQL schema.

> >> While talking to a friend today, I came to know about reverse
> >> engineering tools that will reduce the amount of work required to
> >> complete Hibernate implementation.

> >> Can someone please explain in three or four points -
> >> - what tools do I need to purchase

> http://www.hibernate.org/255.htmllists some.
>
> >> - once I'll have the tools, what are the major steps in the impl.
> >> process
> >> - how much time does it take to complete this process for a relatively
> >> small database with fairly non-complex relationships.

> http://www.hibernate.org/20.htmllists discussion fora you might
> usefully use.
>

> >> Thanks,
> >> Carla

> > I am eagerly looking for some help.

> Perhaps the experts here are hibernating?

There are other ORM projects that comply with JPA, including Apache
OpenJPA and Oracle TopLink.

--
Lew