Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > problem with my modem

problem with my modem

detap

when I try to get on the internet my modem just keeps making the squelching
noise and won't connect I don't have this problem on my other two computers
so I can say that it no my phone line I know it's an old way to get to the
internet but I like it. So that said can any one tell me what the problem
could be thanks [[pat]]

Evan Platt

On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 08:38:15 -0700, "detap" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>when I try to get on the internet my modem just keeps making the squelching
>noise and won't connect I don't have this problem on my other two computers
>so I can say that it no my phone line I know it's an old way to get to the
>internet but I like it. So that said can any one tell me what the problem
>could be thanks [[pat]]

Same answers as the last three times you asked.

From: "detap" <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
Subject: getting on line with internal modem
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 08:41:19 -0600

From: "detap" <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 08:41:19 -0600

From: "detap" <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 13:22:07 -0600

Tony

I am the world's foremost authority when it comes to questions on modems. Now
what type of modem is it. An analogue modem or a digital modem?
I'm Chuck Gordon Carlson aka Chuckcar and i approve of this post.

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

manners

the realm of understandability

detap

dial up

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am the world's foremost authority when it comes to questions on modems.

Now
> what type of modem is it. An analogue modem or a digital modem?
> I'm Chuck Gordon Carlson aka Chuckcar and i approve of this post.
>
> detap wrote:
>
> > when I try to get on the internet my modem just keeps making the

squelching
> > noise and won't connect I don't have this problem on my other two

computers
> > so I can say that it no my phone line I know it's an old way to get to

the
> > internet but I like it. So that said can any one tell me what the

problem
> > could be thanks [[pat]]

> --
> The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG
>
> Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city
>
> Nay, Art thou decideth playeth ye simpleton games. *Some* of us know

proper
> manners
>
> Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs,
>
> Hamster isn't a newsreader it's a mistake!
>
> El-Gonzo Jackson FROGS both me and Chuckcar
>
> Using my technical prowess and computer abilities to answer questions

beyond
> the realm of understandability
>
> Regards Tony... Making usenet better for everyone everyday

Tony

Ok i'll get back to you i have to see the big celebration for John McCain.
Having a big party to celebrate myself the McCain victory.