Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > change ASPNet user name

change ASPNet user name

Coco

Hi!
I am developing an asp.net which make use of my c# object
to put message in the message queue which is in the as/400
machine. there's security issue here where the queue
manager only allow the user that it regconise to access
the queue
i have a user called "Intranet" can access to the queue,
how can i make my program to run under this username?

Jim Shelly

You need to add an <identity impersonate = true> tag into the web.config.
Here is the complete syntax

<identity impersonate="true|false"
userName="domain\username"
password="password"/>

"Coco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:06ff01c392b8$25a1e2f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi!
> I am developing an asp.net which make use of my c# object
> to put message in the message queue which is in the as/400
> machine. there's security issue here where the queue
> manager only allow the user that it regconise to access
> the queue
> i have a user called "Intranet" can access to the queue,
> how can i make my program to run under this username?

Coco

this setting will effect the whole application can i
change it to apply on a program only?