Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: David Tennant quits Who

Re: David Tennant quits Who

Kerry

On Oct 31, 12:01*am, Carnations <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> David Tennant quits Who
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10...ant_quits_who/
>
> "" David Tennant will step down as Doctor Who when he's completed filming
> on the four special episodes slated to hit the small screen in 2009-2010,
> the BBC has confirmed. ""
>
> Also:
>
> David Tennant to leave Doctor Who
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/ne...081029_news_04
>
> "" David Tennant has announced that he will leave the award winning BBC
> drama Doctor Who when he has completed the filming of four special
> episodes which will be screened in 2009 and early in 2010. ""
>
> No major surprises, but now it has been officially announced. Still no
> word on who will be the new doctor.
>
> --
> Dilger: "Microsoft is first and foremost a marketing
> company that flogs third rate technology products."

Thank goodness

Dr Who is not American!

Nik Coughlin

"Kerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Oct 31, 12:01 am, Carnations <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> David Tennant quits Who
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10...ant_quits_who/
>>
>> "" David Tennant will step down as Doctor Who when he's completed filming
>> on the four special episodes slated to hit the small screen in 2009-2010,
>> the BBC has confirmed. ""
>>

> Thank goodness
>
> Dr Who is not American!

I don't understand. Nor is David Tennant.

Kerry

On Oct 31, 10:17*pm, Carnations <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 20:31:49 -0700, Kerry wrote:
> > Dr Who is not American!

> And neither is David Tennant. I understand that he is 100% British,
> having been born in Scotland and having never been a resident of the USA.
>
> John Barrowman, OTOH, was born in Scotland, but did most of his schooling
> in the USA before returning back to the UK as a singer/actor. Barrowman
> is primarily a Singer.
>
> --
> Dilger: "Microsoft is first and foremost a marketing
> company that flogs third rate technology products."

Hahahaha yes I was thinking of John Barrowman (Dr Who/Torchwood(which
is an anagram of Dr Who)

And He's not American either! Born in Glasgow. The accent got me

Miche

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Carnations <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 20:31:49 -0700, Kerry wrote:
>
> > Dr Who is not American!

> And neither is David Tennant. I understand that he is 100% British,
> having been born in Scotland and having never been a resident of the USA.
>
> John Barrowman, OTOH, was born in Scotland, but did most of his schooling
> in the USA before returning back to the UK as a singer/actor. Barrowman
> is primarily a Singer.

He's also a pretty good actor, as it turns out.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases

Miche

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Carnations <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 11:09:59 +1300, Miche wrote:
>
> >> John Barrowman, OTOH, was born in Scotland, but did most of his
> >> schooling in the USA before returning back to the UK as a singer/actor.
> >> Barrowman is primarily a Singer.

> > He's also a pretty good actor, as it turns out.

> Yes. And gorgeous too. )

Right with you there.

Miche

--

On Nov 1, 1:15*pm, Miche <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>
> *Carnations <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > He's also a pretty good actor, as it turns out.

> > Yes. And gorgeous too. )

> Right with you there.
>
> Miche
>
> --
> Electricians do it in three phases

Gay too.

Saw an episode of Who Do You Think You Are where he investigated
whether he was born or made gay

Kerry

On Nov 8, 6:12*pm, Kerry <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Nov 1, 1:15*pm, Miche <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

> > *Carnations <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > Yes. And gorgeous too. )

> > Right with you there.

> > Miche

> > --
> > Electricians do it in three phases

> Gay too.
>
> Saw an episode of Who Do You Think You Are where he investigated
> whether he was born or made gay

Sorry it was The Making of Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ivNjCdKm04

Miche

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
Kerry <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Nov 1, 1:15*pm, Miche <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> >
> > *Carnations <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > Yes. And gorgeous too. )

> > Right with you there.

> Gay too.

Oh, I know _that_. Doesn't make him any less gorgeous.

> Saw an episode of Who Do You Think You Are where he investigated
> whether he was born or made gay

Yeah, I know it exists. Haven't seen it yet.

Miche

--

Kerry <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Nov 8, 6:12*pm, Kerry <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > On Nov 1, 1:15*pm, Miche <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > Right with you there.

> > > Miche

> > > --
> > > Electricians do it in three phases

> > Gay too.
> >
> > Saw an episode of Who Do You Think You Are where he investigated
> > whether he was born or made gay

> Sorry it was The Making of Me
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ivNjCdKm04

Thanks for the link!

Miche

--

On Nov 8, 7:12*pm, Carnations <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 21:17:16 -0800, Kerry wrote:
> > Sorry it was The Making of Me

> and it was an excellent programme.
>
> --
> Dilger: "Microsoft is first and foremost a marketing
> company that flogs third rate technology products."

Yes and why do we never get such programmes ont he mainstream
channels?

Prime is good at bringing things in under the wire

Will the new government improve the qaulity of our TV channels?

Or will it be free enterprise competition for the lowest common
denominator and 3 channels of Sensing Murder and its ilk?