Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Audio Drivers Problem with SP2

Audio Drivers Problem with SP2

Dennis Pack

John:
Still stable and just started another single chemical chemo pattern
every three weeks for about three months. My Doctor is still irritated with
me for going back to work full time in April, but I have to keep busy and
have insurance in effect.

--
Dennis Pack
XP x64 SP2, Vista Enterprise x64 SP1
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks Dennis. How are you doing.
>
> "Dennis Pack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> John:
>> Welcome back.
>>
>> --
>> Dennis Pack
>> XP x64 SP2, Vista Enterprise x64 SP1
>> WHS, Office Professional Plus 2007 SP1
>> "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> See if Creative has more up to date drivers. It is a Creative pci card.
>>> Also check the BIOS audio settings.
>>>

>>> "ktemp72" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Dominic Payer

See
http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1...66&modelmenu=2

The sound chip is said to be an ADIĀ® AD2000B 8-channel High Definition Audio
CODEC. Apparently, Linux detects it as an AD1989B as there is no AD2000B
listed on Analog Devices site.

It seems your only hope is an update from Asus. See
http://support.asus.com/download/dow...Language=en-us .

"ktemp72" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've looked on the creative website however my specific sound card is not
> listed as it is not a "sound blaster", which is the name of the model sold
> by
> creative, but the Asus version of their cards. It looks as though the
> drivers differ from card to card, so I am not sure as to which of the
> drivers
> I should download. Hopefully I am not missing something and wasting your
> time, but any help is appreciated.
> All seems to be well in the Bios.
>
> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
>> See if Creative has more up to date drivers. It is a Creative pci card.
>> Also check the BIOS audio settings.
>>

>> "ktemp72" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I have an Asus Maximus II Formula LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Mobo that
>> >came
>> > with a SupremeFX X-Fi Audio Card PCI audio card. I am trying to use
>> > the
>> > drivers on the installation CD for the sound card. Also, there are
>> > only
>> > one
>> > set of drivers currently online so there is nothing I can get from
>> > Asus.

Carlos

Hi, John!
Where have you been all this time?

Carlos

"John Barnes" wrote:

> See if Creative has more up to date drivers. It is a Creative pci card.
> Also check the BIOS audio settings.
>

> "ktemp72" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have an Asus Maximus II Formula LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Mobo that
> >came
> > with a SupremeFX X-Fi Audio Card PCI audio card. I am trying to use the
> > drivers on the installation CD for the sound card. Also, there are only
> > one
> > set of drivers currently online so there is nothing I can get from Asus.
> >

> > "Carlos" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> First things first.
> >> What is your audio hardware?
> >> Is it a PCI sound card (Soundblaster, Genius, etc.)?
> >> Is it a chipset embedded in your motherboard, a.k.a. onboard audio?
> >> What motherboard, what chipset, what model, etc.?
> >> Give us as much data as you can.
> >> Carlos

John Barnes

Hi Carlos. My satellite got hit by 'something' and lost the antenna for my
area. Only recently have they established a signal I can receive without
cutting down trees I want to keep.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, John!
> Where have you been all this time?
>
> Carlos
>
> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
>> See if Creative has more up to date drivers. It is a Creative pci card.
>> Also check the BIOS audio settings.
>>

>> "ktemp72" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I have an Asus Maximus II Formula LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Mobo that
>> >came
>> > with a SupremeFX X-Fi Audio Card PCI audio card. I am trying to use
>> > the
>> > drivers on the installation CD for the sound card. Also, there are
>> > only
>> > one
>> > set of drivers currently online so there is nothing I can get from
>> > Asus.

Keith_Hailey

It's not a problem with SP2. It's strictly a driver problem and rolling back
to SP1 will only slow your machine down.

The only Sounblaster that I have found to be compatible with XP (any
version) was Soundblaster Live 5.1. Anything before that was Win 9.X . I've
seen them work with XP on some machine and not work on others.

Try the Audigy drivers. Audigy was what replaced the Soundblaster. See if
you can find pictures or specs to see if you can find what you actually have.

Also, make sure that the onboard audio in the bios disabled. Onboard audio
is what the drivers on your motherboard disk are for.

Looking at the Asus site, the only audio driver I see is for audio is "
SoundMAX Audio Driver v5.10.1.6480/v5.10.2.6480 for Windows XP/64bit XP. "
2008/06/05 update . None for any PCI card audio.

So, If you can't find the one for the card, the Soundmax audio chips on the
motherboard do sound pretty good, though I personally prefer the Realtech for
onboard audio for control purposes. Soundwise, you get noise out of both.

Keith

"ktemp72" wrote:

> I've looked on the creative website however my specific sound card is not
> listed as it is not a "sound blaster", which is the name of the model sold by
> creative, but the Asus version of their cards. It looks as though the
> drivers differ from card to card, so I am not sure as to which of the drivers
> I should download. Hopefully I am not missing something and wasting your
> time, but any help is appreciated.
> All seems to be well in the Bios.
>
> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
> > See if Creative has more up to date drivers. It is a Creative pci card.
> > Also check the BIOS audio settings.
> >

> > "ktemp72" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >I have an Asus Maximus II Formula LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Mobo that
> > >came
> > > with a SupremeFX X-Fi Audio Card PCI audio card. I am trying to use the
> > > drivers on the installation CD for the sound card. Also, there are only
> > > one
> > > set of drivers currently online so there is nothing I can get from Asus.

AstroBlackS

I am having the exact same issue. Has anyone figured out a fix yet???

"ktemp72" wrote:

> Hello, I recently built a new system with Windows XP Pro 64bit with Service
> Pack 2 Operating System included. So far, I have had no success in getting
> audio working for my system. The problem lies within drivers for my audio
> hardware. When trying to install these drivers, I receive and error message
> saying: "HDA Audio Bus required". I have searched the internet for days
> looking for a way to fix this problem and have come across many different
> supposed solutions, none of which have worked.
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=901105 This is the link that I have been
> referred to the most, containing the hotfix kb901105 for windows xp64.
> However, when I run this hotfix, I receive an error message saying: "Setup
> has detected that the service pack version of this system is newer than the
> update you are applying. There is no need to install this update." I assume
> this is because I have Service Pack 2 came pre-installed. I have also been
> referred to KB888111wXPSP2. This download was supposed to be specifically
> for XP Pro with service pack 2. However, when running this, I receive an
> error message: "This KB888111WXPSP2 is for a different hardware platform."
> This message leaves me with a dead end and no information on how to resolve
> the issue. In addition, I scoured the internet forums and found another fix
> that had worked for others, kb835221. When running this fix, I receive this
> error: "Setup could not find the update.inf file needed to update your
> system." I am stuck at this point. I have searched for hours trying to find
> a fix for this problem, but there seems to be none. At some places, I read
> that there are some files/drivers that can only be obtained from microsoft
> support, files that are not listed publicly, however I am not certain these
> statements are true. Any help you can give me in this situation would be
> much appreciated

BARBARA

I EREASE MY AUDIO PROGRAM BY MISTAKE N I HAVE NO AUDIO WHAT SHOULD I DO>
--
thanks