Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Audio Drivers Problem with SP2

Audio Drivers Problem with SP2

ktemp72

Hello, I recently built a new system with Windows XP Pro 64bit with Service
Pack 2 Operating System included. So far, I have had no success in getting
audio working for my system. The problem lies within drivers for my audio
hardware. When trying to install these drivers, I receive and error message
saying: "HDA Audio Bus required". I have searched the internet for days
looking for a way to fix this problem and have come across many different
supposed solutions, none of which have worked.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=901105 This is the link that I have been
referred to the most, containing the hotfix kb901105 for windows xp64.
However, when I run this hotfix, I receive an error message saying: "Setup
has detected that the service pack version of this system is newer than the
update you are applying. There is no need to install this update." I assume
this is because I have Service Pack 2 came pre-installed. I have also been
referred to KB888111wXPSP2. This download was supposed to be specifically
for XP Pro with service pack 2. However, when running this, I receive an
error message: "This KB888111WXPSP2 is for a different hardware platform."
This message leaves me with a dead end and no information on how to resolve
the issue. In addition, I scoured the internet forums and found another fix
that had worked for others, kb835221. When running this fix, I receive this
error: "Setup could not find the update.inf file needed to update your
system." I am stuck at this point. I have searched for hours trying to find
a fix for this problem, but there seems to be none. At some places, I read
that there are some files/drivers that can only be obtained from microsoft
support, files that are not listed publicly, however I am not certain these
statements are true. Any help you can give me in this situation would be
much appreciated

Carlos

Hi,
First things first.
What is your audio hardware?
Is it a PCI sound card (Soundblaster, Genius, etc.)?
Is it a chipset embedded in your motherboard, a.k.a. onboard audio?
What motherboard, what chipset, what model, etc.?
Give us as much data as you can.
Carlos

"ktemp72" wrote:

> Hello, I recently built a new system with Windows XP Pro 64bit with Service
> Pack 2 Operating System included. So far, I have had no success in getting
> audio working for my system. The problem lies within drivers for my audio
> hardware. When trying to install these drivers, I receive and error message
> saying: "HDA Audio Bus required". I have searched the internet for days
> looking for a way to fix this problem and have come across many different
> supposed solutions, none of which have worked.
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=901105 This is the link that I have been
> referred to the most, containing the hotfix kb901105 for windows xp64.
> However, when I run this hotfix, I receive an error message saying: "Setup
> has detected that the service pack version of this system is newer than the
> update you are applying. There is no need to install this update." I assume
> this is because I have Service Pack 2 came pre-installed. I have also been
> referred to KB888111wXPSP2. This download was supposed to be specifically
> for XP Pro with service pack 2. However, when running this, I receive an
> error message: "This KB888111WXPSP2 is for a different hardware platform."
> This message leaves me with a dead end and no information on how to resolve
> the issue. In addition, I scoured the internet forums and found another fix
> that had worked for others, kb835221. When running this fix, I receive this
> error: "Setup could not find the update.inf file needed to update your
> system." I am stuck at this point. I have searched for hours trying to find
> a fix for this problem, but there seems to be none. At some places, I read
> that there are some files/drivers that can only be obtained from microsoft
> support, files that are not listed publicly, however I am not certain these
> statements are true. Any help you can give me in this situation would be
> much appreciated

ktemp72

I have an Asus Maximus II Formula LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Mobo that came
with a SupremeFX X-Fi Audio Card PCI audio card. I am trying to use the
drivers on the installation CD for the sound card. Also, there are only one
set of drivers currently online so there is nothing I can get from Asus.

"Carlos" wrote:

> Hi,
> First things first.
> What is your audio hardware?
> Is it a PCI sound card (Soundblaster, Genius, etc.)?
> Is it a chipset embedded in your motherboard, a.k.a. onboard audio?
> What motherboard, what chipset, what model, etc.?
> Give us as much data as you can.
> Carlos

Carlos

Hi,
This card is new stuff for me.
You might want to try ASUS specific forum for this card.
http://vip.asus.com/forum/topic.aspx...Language=en-us
Best of luck.
Carlos

"ktemp72" wrote:

> I have an Asus Maximus II Formula LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Mobo that came
> with a SupremeFX X-Fi Audio Card PCI audio card. I am trying to use the
> drivers on the installation CD for the sound card. Also, there are only one
> set of drivers currently online so there is nothing I can get from Asus.
>

> "Carlos" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > First things first.
> > What is your audio hardware?
> > Is it a PCI sound card (Soundblaster, Genius, etc.)?
> > Is it a chipset embedded in your motherboard, a.k.a. onboard audio?
> > What motherboard, what chipset, what model, etc.?
> > Give us as much data as you can.
> > Carlos

John Barnes

See if Creative has more up to date drivers. It is a Creative pci card.
Also check the BIOS audio settings.

"ktemp72" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have an Asus Maximus II Formula LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Mobo that
>came
> with a SupremeFX X-Fi Audio Card PCI audio card. I am trying to use the
> drivers on the installation CD for the sound card. Also, there are only
> one
> set of drivers currently online so there is nothing I can get from Asus.
>

> "Carlos" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> First things first.
>> What is your audio hardware?
>> Is it a PCI sound card (Soundblaster, Genius, etc.)?
>> Is it a chipset embedded in your motherboard, a.k.a. onboard audio?
>> What motherboard, what chipset, what model, etc.?
>> Give us as much data as you can.
>> Carlos

Dennis Pack

John:
Welcome back.

--
Dennis Pack
XP x64 SP2, Vista Enterprise x64 SP1
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> See if Creative has more up to date drivers. It is a Creative pci card.
> Also check the BIOS audio settings.
>

> "ktemp72" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have an Asus Maximus II Formula LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Mobo that
>>came
>> with a SupremeFX X-Fi Audio Card PCI audio card. I am trying to use the
>> drivers on the installation CD for the sound card. Also, there are only
>> one
>> set of drivers currently online so there is nothing I can get from Asus.
>>

>> "Carlos" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> First things first.
>>> What is your audio hardware?
>>> Is it a PCI sound card (Soundblaster, Genius, etc.)?
>>> Is it a chipset embedded in your motherboard, a.k.a. onboard audio?
>>> What motherboard, what chipset, what model, etc.?
>>> Give us as much data as you can.
>>> Carlos

John Barnes

Thanks Dennis. How are you doing.

"Dennis Pack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> John:
> Welcome back.
>
> --
> Dennis Pack
> XP x64 SP2, Vista Enterprise x64 SP1
> WHS, Office Professional Plus 2007 SP1
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> See if Creative has more up to date drivers. It is a Creative pci card.
>> Also check the BIOS audio settings.
>>

>> "ktemp72" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I have an Asus Maximus II Formula LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Mobo that
>>>came
>>> with a SupremeFX X-Fi Audio Card PCI audio card. I am trying to use the
>>> drivers on the installation CD for the sound card. Also, there are only
>>> one
>>> set of drivers currently online so there is nothing I can get from Asus.

ktemp72

I've looked on the creative website however my specific sound card is not
listed as it is not a "sound blaster", which is the name of the model sold by
creative, but the Asus version of their cards. It looks as though the
drivers differ from card to card, so I am not sure as to which of the drivers
I should download. Hopefully I am not missing something and wasting your
time, but any help is appreciated.
All seems to be well in the Bios.

"John Barnes" wrote:

> See if Creative has more up to date drivers. It is a Creative pci card.
> Also check the BIOS audio settings.
>

> "ktemp72" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have an Asus Maximus II Formula LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Mobo that
> >came
> > with a SupremeFX X-Fi Audio Card PCI audio card. I am trying to use the
> > drivers on the installation CD for the sound card. Also, there are only
> > one
> > set of drivers currently online so there is nothing I can get from Asus.
> >

> > "Carlos" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> First things first.
> >> What is your audio hardware?
> >> Is it a PCI sound card (Soundblaster, Genius, etc.)?
> >> Is it a chipset embedded in your motherboard, a.k.a. onboard audio?
> >> What motherboard, what chipset, what model, etc.?
> >> Give us as much data as you can.
> >> Carlos

ktemp72

In addition to this question, is there any way to roll back to SP1 if my disc
of XP Pro 64 had SP2 with it? If were able to roll back I should be able to
use the hotfix designed before SP2 to solve this issue, however as of now I
have not found any way to do this.

"ktemp72" wrote:

> I've looked on the creative website however my specific sound card is not
> listed as it is not a "sound blaster", which is the name of the model sold by
> creative, but the Asus version of their cards. It looks as though the
> drivers differ from card to card, so I am not sure as to which of the drivers
> I should download. Hopefully I am not missing something and wasting your
> time, but any help is appreciated.
> All seems to be well in the Bios.
>
> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
> > See if Creative has more up to date drivers. It is a Creative pci card.
> > Also check the BIOS audio settings.
> >

> > "ktemp72" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >I have an Asus Maximus II Formula LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Mobo that
> > >came
> > > with a SupremeFX X-Fi Audio Card PCI audio card. I am trying to use the
> > > drivers on the installation CD for the sound card. Also, there are only
> > > one
> > > set of drivers currently online so there is nothing I can get from Asus.

Tony Sperling

Are you sure about that name?

Creative currently have

X-Fi Titanium
X-Fi Elite
X-Fi Platinum
X-Fi Xtreme
cards listed on this site:

http://dk.europe.creative.com/produc...asp?category=1

You could check out the specifications of your card and pick a driver that
is a close match to yours from there - if it's an X-Fi it should work as
long as you make sure you pick a 64bit driver that also matches your OS!!!

Tony. . .