Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > distributed dll : Specified module could not be found error

distributed dll : Specified module could not be found error

MovnOn

Help!

I've referenced a dll that resides on another server in my
web project. When I instantiate it (new keyword), I get
a "System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The specified module
could not be found." error message.

I think this must be a access/permissions problem, but I'm
not sure how to fix it. I've used dcomcnfg and altered the
security settings for the dll there, but that hasn't
worked. I've given myself full permission for the dll.
Neither has worked. The dll is registered on my computer
and I've used it repeatedly in Windows programs without
this problem.

What do I do next?

Thanks.

Lori