Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > help: setting web folder as application folder in server

help: setting web folder as application folder in server

THY

Hi,

How do we set the web folder become application folder in order it can run
asp.net web application ?
I just complete my project and upload it to the server via ftp. But it can't
run as the folder do not have application setting. How do we set it ourself
remotely instead of request the admin to set it ?

thanks,
Tee

Alvin Bruney

you have to do this thru IIS administration tool. If you put it in the
virtual directory, IIS should automatically pick it up and you should just
be able to use an adjusted path to point to this new url
"THY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> How do we set the web folder become application folder in order it can run
> asp.net web application ?
> I just complete my project and upload it to the server via ftp. But it

can't
> run as the folder do not have application setting. How do we set it

ourself
> remotely instead of request the admin to set it ?
>
> thanks,
> Tee

THY

let's assuming, I got the folder as application folder by default. but the
sub-folder are not !

if I want to have another asp web application inside the sub-folder, it's
not going to work.

Any solution for this ?

thanks.

"Alvin Bruney" <vapordan_spam_me_not@hotmail_no_spamhotmail.com > wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> you have to do this thru IIS administration tool. If you put it in the
> virtual directory, IIS should automatically pick it up and you should just
> be able to use an adjusted path to point to this new url
> "THY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > How do we set the web folder become application folder in order it can

run
> > asp.net web application ?
> > I just complete my project and upload it to the server via ftp. But it

> can't
> > run as the folder do not have application setting. How do we set it

> ourself
> > remotely instead of request the admin to set it ?
> >
> > thanks,
> > Tee

Alvin Bruney

you mean asp.net? i am not knowledgable on asp classic.
it will work. put the directory where you want it to go. open iis manager,
find the virtual directory (new folder you just put) right click on it,
choose properties and click the tab that says create. that's it. in a
browser, point to that path.