Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Advice re. enabling network adaptor

Advice re. enabling network adaptor

Gary Jackson

Hi,

I'm running a wireless router and network adaptor with windows xp
home. When I leave the PC for some time, my network connection has
been disabled when I return and I have to re-enable it.

Is there a way of keeping it enabled? The router stays connected ok.

Gary

Malke

Gary Jackson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running a wireless router and network adaptor with windows xp
> home. When I leave the PC for some time, my network connection has
> been disabled when I return and I have to re-enable it.
>
> Is there a way of keeping it enabled? The router stays connected ok.
>
> Gary

Look at the network adapter's Properties from Device Manager (Control
Panel>System>Hardware). On the Power Management tab, uncheck "Allow
Windows to turn off this device when not in use" and see if that helps.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

gary.jackson@my-generation.org.uk

Malke wrote:

> Look at the network adapter's Properties from Device Manager (Control
> Panel>System>Hardware). On the Power Management tab, uncheck "Allow
> Windows to turn off this device when not in use" and see if that

helps.

> Malke

Thanks Malke, however this network adaptor doesn't have a power
management tab in device manager. The options are -
General-Advanced-Driver and Resources. No reference to power management
on it.
However, my cable adaptor does have power management listed as an
option and that worlks fine.

A clue maybe?

Gary