Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Acer empower restore function.

Re: Acer empower restore function.

doS

there are like 3 diff drivers for the webcams, acer used more than one
webcam provider,look in device manager and see if yours is a Bison brand.

"Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:490ab7ba$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Recently purchased an Acer aspire notebook. This has the restore to
> factory default Acer Empower progam. I am tempted to run it as built in
> webcsam and mike have stopped functioning, and I can't find the solution.
> Question. Has anyone used this function which is available on a range of
> Acer computers, and will I lose my installed programs and files? Or is it
> just limited to undoing any changes I may have made?

chuckcar

"doS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:l1XOk.11053$(E-Mail Removed):
> "Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:490ab7ba$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Recently purchased an Acer aspire notebook. This has the restore to
>> factory default Acer Empower progam. I am tempted to run it as built in
>> webcsam and mike have stopped functioning, and I can't find the
>> solution. Question. Has anyone used this function which is available on
>> a range of Acer computers, and will I lose my installed programs and
>> files? Or is it just limited to undoing any changes I may have made?
>>

> there are like 3 diff drivers for the webcams, acer used more than one
> webcam provider,look in device manager and see if yours is a Bison
> brand.

If he doesn't *have* the drivers, device manager is the last thing to tell
him isn't it?

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

richard

On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 14:36:10 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"doS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:l1XOk.11053$(E-Mail Removed):
>> "Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:490ab7ba$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Recently purchased an Acer aspire notebook. This has the restore to
>>> factory default Acer Empower progam. I am tempted to run it as built in
>>> webcsam and mike have stopped functioning, and I can't find the
>>> solution. Question. Has anyone used this function which is available on
>>> a range of Acer computers, and will I lose my installed programs and
>>> files? Or is it just limited to undoing any changes I may have made?
>>>

>> there are like 3 diff drivers for the webcams, acer used more than one
>> webcam provider,look in device manager and see if yours is a Bison
>> brand.
>>

>If he doesn't *have* the drivers, device manager is the last thing to tell
>him isn't it?

No. DM will show the information on the driver and let you install a
new version. I just checked mine and it shows I have the Sonix driver
installed.

hwأf

On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 14:36:10 +0000, chuckcar aided th' terraists with the
following claims :

> "doS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:l1XOk.11053$(E-Mail Removed):
>> "Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:490ab7ba$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Recently purchased an Acer aspire notebook. This has the restore to
>>> factory default Acer Empower progam. I am tempted to run it as built in
>>> webcsam and mike have stopped functioning, and I can't find the
>>> solution. Question. Has anyone used this function which is available on
>>> a range of Acer computers, and will I lose my installed programs and
>>> files? Or is it just limited to undoing any changes I may have made?
>>>

>> there are like 3 diff drivers for the webcams, acer used more than one
>> webcam provider,look in device manager and see if yours is a Bison
>> brand.
>>

> If he doesn't *have* the drivers, device manager is the last thing to tell
> him isn't it?

Thats wot linux live cds is for mate.

'lspci -vv'

SUDO IF YOU MUST

HTH

http://i35.tinypic.com/2czc1ua.jpg

chuckcar

richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 14:36:10 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>"doS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>news:l1XOk.11053$(E-Mail Removed):
>>> "Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:490ab7ba$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>>

>>> there are like 3 diff drivers for the webcams, acer used more than one
>>> webcam provider,look in device manager and see if yours is a Bison
>>> brand.
>>>

>>If he doesn't *have* the drivers, device manager is the last thing to
>>tell him isn't it?

> No. DM will show the information on the driver and let you install a
> new version. I just checked mine and it shows I have the Sonix driver
> installed.

That's *because* you have the drivers. If you have a soundcard without
drivers, it will just show "PCI Multimedia device" *not* a thing more.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )