Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Internet explorer home page has mind of its own.

Re: Internet explorer home page has mind of its own.

Bucky Breeder

"Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:49062d2d$(E-Mail Removed):

> No matter what I do IE7 always opens at microsoft.com, since updating
> and I have to click on icon to go to my chosen home page (google) Have
> tried everything and checking on various sites find others have same
> problem. Various solutions suggested, but haven't found anything that
> works yet. Running XP. Any ideas? Normally use Firefox, but find IE
> good for some applications.

Post what you've already tried.

IE Options | General tab | Home page field | http://www.google.com/

or http://www.google.co.uk/ or http://www.google.co.nz/ or WTF-ever

There is NO known exploit which hijacks IE to take you to microsoft.com...

--

I *am* Bucky Breeder, (*(^; , and you *are* not!

http://the-great-debate-of-2008.notlong.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9Lhn6DD2wo

The Real Truth MVP

Turn off tea timer its part of spybot.