Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > problem connecting to database

problem connecting to database

Dan Gates

hi all,

i am a newbie on .Net, have downloaded a msdn starter kit from

http://www.asp.net/downloads/starter...extended-club/

having problem when running, recieving this error.

"Unable to open the physical file
"c:\inetpub\wwwroot\allengreen\app_code\Club.m df". Operating system error 2:
"2(The system cannot find the file specified.)".
Cannot attach the file 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\allengreen\app_code\Club.mdf' as
database 'ClubDB'"

any help received will be highly appreciated

Dan Gates

Juan T. Llibre

Try placing Club.mdf in :
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\allengreen\app_data\Club.mdf
....instead of in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\allengreen\app_code\Club.mdf

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
======================================
"Dan Gates" <pdgitsolutions_remove_tihs@and_this_hotmail.com > wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi all,
>
> i am a newbie on .Net, have downloaded a msdn starter kit from
>
> http://www.asp.net/downloads/starter...extended-club/
>
> having problem when running, recieving this error.
>
> "Unable to open the physical file "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\allengreen\app_code\Club.m df". Operating system error 2: "2(The
> system cannot find the file specified.)".
> Cannot attach the file 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\allengreen\app_code\Club.mdf' as database 'ClubDB'"
>
> any help received will be highly appreciated
>
> Dan Gates

David

Whoops, my fault...

I am sitting at the side of him when he had this prob. I hadn't realised
that I had done that. Doh!!!

It appears to be working now.

(The experience has also given him a taste for newsgroups and a place to get
help, so thanks very much for your response.)

--
Best regards,
Dave Colliver.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try placing Club.mdf in :
> c:\inetpub\wwwroot\allengreen\app_data\Club.mdf
> ...instead of in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\allengreen\app_code\Club.mdf
>

> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
> "Dan Gates" <pdgitsolutions_remove_tihs@and_this_hotmail.com > wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> hi all,
>>
>> i am a newbie on .Net, have downloaded a msdn starter kit from
>>
>> http://www.asp.net/downloads/starter...extended-club/
>>
>> having problem when running, recieving this error.
>>
>> "Unable to open the physical file
>> "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\allengreen\app_code\Club.m df". Operating system error
>> 2: "2(The system cannot find the file specified.)".
>> Cannot attach the file 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\allengreen\app_code\Club.mdf'
>> as database 'ClubDB'"
>>
>> any help received will be highly appreciated
>>
>> Dan Gates

Dan Gates

cheers for your help,
site now working