Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Custom providers and linq to sql

Custom providers and linq to sql

Andy B

I am creating my own Membership provider. Everywhere I look for examples, I
see the custom provider stubs using connection strings to sql server instead
of using some other form. Is it possible to use entity framework classes or
linq to sql classes inside of the provider classes? If so, how do you
exactly do this? And how would you make connectionString an invalid
attribute of the config collection given to the initialize method?

DetailsView and foreign key and LINQ-to-SQL Craig Buchanan ASP .Net 0 01-16-2009 03:48 PM
Linq or not Linq George ASP .Net 4 11-05-2008 04:53 PM
LINQ to SQL and new MS SQL 2008 datatypes Mike Gleason jr Couturier ASP .Net 1 10-29-2008 03:42 AM
SQL Query to Linq (Group By and Sum) Alex Sauceda ASP .Net 6 02-04-2008 10:26 PM
Linq to SQL custom paging Mike ASP .Net 0 11-15-2007 04:33 PM

Advertisments