Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Connecting Wireless N Router to Laptop

Connecting Wireless N Router to Laptop

Von Stueben

I have a Dell Studio 17 laptop and use a ATT 3G USB wireless PC card.

I would like to know how to connect my laptop to a Linksys N router to

create a wireless network for a VOIP modem, printer, and camera in my home.

Thanks

smlunatick

On Oct 30, 12:36*pm, Von Stueben
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have a Dell Studio 17 laptop and use a ATT 3G USB wireless PC card.
>
> I would like to know how to connect my laptop to a *Linksys N router to
>
> create a wireless network for a VOIP modem, printer, and camera in my home.
>
> Thanks

You will need to get a Wireless N adapter installed onto the laptop,
if you do not have one, or connect a wire to the wireless router. The
3G wireless adapter is a cell phone style Internet access and is not a
Wireless N WiFi style connection.

Lem

Von Stueben wrote:
> I have a Dell Studio 17 laptop and use a ATT 3G USB wireless PC card.
>
> I would like to know how to connect my laptop to a Linksys N router to
>
> create a wireless network for a VOIP modem, printer, and camera in my home.
>
> Thanks

In addition to smlunatick's comment, it's not clear from your question
how or to what the VOIP modem, printer, and camera are connected.
Typically, these devices do not connect to a network wirelessly on their
own (although some do).

If you want more detailed responses, you'll have to give far more
information about the makes and models of all of your equipment, how you
have them connected now, and how you would like them to be connected.

--
Lem -- MS-MVP

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
I would not be surprise that the Laptop has already Wireless card installed
in by Dell.
Check carefully the documentation it might be in and physically switched
Off.
VOIP Modem, is a device that connects directly to the Router. Camera,
Printer, have nothing to do directly with the Wireless. Whether it is stand
alone Networked devices, or computer connected, it is your choice. You have
to decide what you really need and then purchase the Hardware.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...