Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Losing DB connection on Wireless Network

Losing DB connection on Wireless Network

Brendan Chan

Hi,

Similar 4 PCs that I mentioned in my other posting (Ping and Printing Issue
on wireless network). All 4 PCs are using Microsoft Access to do data input,
the Access DB is located in a server, the Access DB file are mapped in the 4
PCs.

Quite often, the 4 PCs will suffer from Disk Error, can anyone tell me if
wireless network is not suitable for a constant DB connection or is there a
solution.

Thanks.

Pavel A.

Brendan Chan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Similar 4 PCs that I mentioned in my other posting (Ping and Printing Issue
> on wireless network). All 4 PCs are using Microsoft Access to do data input,
> the Access DB is located in a server, the Access DB file are mapped in the 4
> PCs.
>
> Quite often, the 4 PCs will suffer from Disk Error, can anyone tell me if
> wireless network is not suitable for a constant DB connection or is there a
> solution.

As MVP Jack wrote, wireless connections are not very stable.
Therefore they present a challenge for applications developed
for wired networks.
Today's applications created with web connectivity in mind
(including wireless) typically use synchronization approach:
they work on a local (fast, reliable) copy of the data,
and sync it with remote/shared copy, as the network conditions allow.
The MS Office Outlook is a good example.

Regards,
--PA

Brendan Chan

Thanks PA... time for me to convert my Access application into a web-based
application.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...