Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Media > Purchased Comcast Cable Box Setup

Purchased Comcast Cable Box Setup

Carl Patton Carl Patton is offline
Junior Member

I have one Comcast Cable Box that came with the Comcast installation. I bought one that looks like a clone on e-bay, along with the remote, and both seem to work, except for one thing. With the one I bought, there is nothing showing on the TV. How can I use this non-Comcast box? It is a General Instrument CATV Converter, Model DCT2244/1161/ABCDEF. It looks just like the one from Comcast. What is the trick?
Thanks, Carl Patton

jbuyers jbuyers is offline
Member

is the one you purchased only for internet?

tomylee1 tomylee1 is offline
Junior Member

its only for internet.