Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Possible bug in Calendar

Reply
Thread Tools

Possible bug in Calendar

 
 
Harold Yarmouth
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-22-2008
Mike Schilling wrote:
> Andreas Leitgeb wrote:
>> Mike Schilling <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> This begins to make sense. It's true that when I was in college I
>>> wrote my own papers. Who wrote yours?

>> Don't you think these jokes are becoming stale somehow?

>
> You have to know how to tell them. It's all in the ....


Please do not give public advice on how to slander someone.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Harold Yarmouth
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-22-2008
Andreas Leitgeb wrote:
> Mike Schilling <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Andreas Leitgeb wrote:
>>> Mike Schilling <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>> This begins to make sense. It's true that when I was in college I
>>>> wrote my own papers. Who wrote yours?
>>> Don't you think these jokes are becoming stale somehow?

>> You have to know how to tell them. It's all in the ....
>> [pause acknowledged, but victimized to snipping] timing.

>
> The way you told it, it came over as stale. Maybe you'd
> fine-tune the timings a bit, and tell the punch line ...
> next century(*), for example.


When the "joke" is slanderous, "half-past never" is the most appropriate
time.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Harold Yarmouth
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-22-2008
Mike Schilling wrote:
> Andreas Leitgeb wrote:
>> Mike Schilling <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Andreas Leitgeb wrote:
>>>> Mike Schilling <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>>> This begins to make sense. It's true that when I was in college
>>>>> I
>>>>> wrote my own papers. Who wrote yours?
>>>> Don't you think these jokes are becoming stale somehow?
>>> You have to know how to tell them. It's all in the ....
>>> [pause acknowledged, but victimized to snipping] timing.

>> The way you told it, it came over as stale. Maybe you'd
>> fine-tune the timings a bit, and tell the punch line ...
>> next century(*), for example.

>
> If you insist, though I think that result would be


A lawsuit? Damn tootin' it will be, if you keep quoting that crap in public.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Harold Yarmouth
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-22-2008
Andreas Leitgeb wrote:
> [superseded to correct my micro/milli mix up]
>
> Mike Schilling <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Andreas Leitgeb wrote:
>>> ... Maybe you'd
>>> fine-tune the timings a bit, and tell the punch line ...
>>> next century(*), for example.

>> If you insist, though I think that result would be

>
> Oh, and in case you're using Calendar for your
> punch line posting program


Alas, Calendar doesn't have a setting for "half past never". Yet another
of its many glaring flaws.

Although I'm more interested at this point in invoking
processServer.serve(Person.getInstance(Person.MIKE _SCHILLING)); (and
co-defendants) if this continues for very much longer*.

A false accusation of academic cheating is a serious matter, far worse
than your previous tendency to simply call me names. You've all crossed
a line with your latest round of insults.

> keep in mind that
> Calendar calendar = Calendar.getInstance();
> calendar.set(2100,1,1,0,0,0);
> Date date = calendar.getTime();
> still carries with it a snapshot of the milliseconds of your
> local time.


That makes two glaring flaws mentioned in this post, and counting...

> PS: yes, I'm extremely in suspension for the gist, but
> I'll be patient...


Yeah, sometimes those process servers take a while to find you. And I'm
not sure if the constitutional right to a speedy trial applies in civil
cases, either; perhaps it's only criminal ones. I know the right to a
jury trial applies mainly or solely in criminal cases.

The question remains, should I file in small claims and have an
excellent chance of making an example out of all of you, or file in
regular court and have a merely very good chance of wiping you out
financially? Or will you back off from having crossed this particular
Rubicon and thereby earn a chance to spare yourselves either outcome?

(Now sincerely wishing I HAD gone pseudonymous.)

* Note: Not a no-argument getInstance. Also note: probably tries to
enforce one-instance-per-name, for "scoped-singleton-like" behavior, anyway.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Harold Yarmouth
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-22-2008
Joshua Cranmer wrote:
> Harold Yarmouth wrote:
>> My keyboard lacks one. Perhaps English Mac keyboards inexplicably have
>> this key, despite its uselessness for composing English texts, but
>> English PC keyboards do not?

>
> Windows can use the so-called "Alt code" method to type characters, at
> least those in the ISO 8859-1 character set.


Yuk.

> As a last-ditch resort, there is always the Character Map or its analog
> on other operating systems.


I'd have to use that anyway, to discover the "alt code".

Frankly, to properly spell an asshole's name that's given me no reason
whatsoever to give a **** about properly spelling his name, that's too
damn much work either way.

Perhaps if he'd been nicer to me, I would feel it worth the effort.

Let that be a lesson to all of you that your actions and rude behavior
may have consequences, even in this place, albeit mild ones.

> And as a final note, the proper way to transliterate 'ΓΈ' is 'oe', not 'o'.


How fascinating. However, since I had not known that before, it is
certainly not proper to blame me for just using the letter 'o', given
that it is the most obvious approximation to use absent the sorts of
specialized knowledge I could not reasonably have been expected to have.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Mike Schilling
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-25-2008
Harold Yarmouth wrote:
> Mike Schilling wrote:
>> Harold Yarmouth wrote:
>>
>>> In particular, I've previously seen both of the latter, but never
>>> did pick up on any definite meaning for either, and I'm fairly
>>> sure
>>> my experience is typical of most people working outside of
>>> hard-core
>>> academia (hard-core as in writing your own papers, doing original
>>> research in some field, and all that).

>>
>> This begins to make sense. It's true that when I was in college I
>> wrote my own papers. Who wrote yours?

>
> That is an insulting insinuation.
>
> The answer is: nobody. I didn't have papers to write, in that sense.
> I
> had computer-programming assignments and related coursework. And for
> the record, I was in university comp. sci., not "college". For my
> humanities so-called "options" I picked the usual easy-low-workload
> stuff -- no papers with references or other hard-core academic work,
> just essays and even multiple-choice questions.


And it shows.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Harold Yarmouth
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-25-2008
Mike Schilling wrote:
> Harold Yarmouth wrote:
>> Mike Schilling wrote:
>>> Harold Yarmouth wrote:
>>>
>>>> In particular, I've previously seen both of the latter, but never
>>>> did pick up on any definite meaning for either, and I'm fairly
>>>> sure
>>>> my experience is typical of most people working outside of
>>>> hard-core
>>>> academia (hard-core as in writing your own papers, doing original
>>>> research in some field, and all that).
>>> This begins to make sense. It's true that when I was in college I
>>> wrote my own papers. Who wrote yours?

>> That is an insulting insinuation.
>>
>> The answer is: nobody. I didn't have papers to write, in that sense.
>> I
>> had computer-programming assignments and related coursework. And for
>> the record, I was in university comp. sci., not "college".

>
> And it shows.


Why, thank you!
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[BUG] Ruby 1.9.0: possible bug when subclassing BasicObject Michael Fellinger Ruby 3 12-27-2007 04:05 PM
*bug* *bug* *bug* David Raleigh Arnold Firefox 12 04-02-2007 03:13 AM
possible calendar bug Abraham Andres Luna ASP .Net Web Controls 1 10-26-2006 12:12 PM
Possible Bug In the Calendar Control on web forms. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaWFubyBQYWRpbGxh?= ASP .Net 2 01-28-2006 04:37 PM
Re: Possible fix for Bug 494589 - os.path.expandvars bug Steve Holden Python 1 07-02-2003 09:42 PM



Advertisments