Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Leading zero

Re: Leading zero

Jukka K. Korpela

sheldonlg wrote:

> I* have a zip code stored in my database. It has a leading zero (say
> 01906, for example). It is stored as a varchar with the leading zero.

I see, or maybe I don't, but that's irrelevant in HTML context.

> When I print it out on the page,

You don't print anything in HTML.

> the leading zero is there. (It is
> between a <td></td>).

If you have <td>01906</td> in HTML, you should expect the cell content to be
shown as 01906.

> I also have an export to Excel routine that formats it in what is sent
> also between <td></td>.

Interesting, but quite irrelevant in HTML context.

> However, in Excel it appears without the
> leading zero (1906, for example).

Maybe, but how does that relate to HTML?

> How can I force the leading zero to appear?

In HTML you have you want, in Excel you don't. What makes this an HTML
problem?

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

All leading tabs or all leading spaces - why isn't that enforced? John Nagle Python 4 08-07-2007 04:05 PM
RE: All leading tabs or all leading spaces - why isn't that enforced? Delaney, Timothy (Tim) Python 0 08-07-2007 03:50 AM
printf question, leading zero in E format? bobm2005 C Programming 4 06-08-2007 12:35 AM
add leading zero tshad ASP .Net 2 11-09-2005 04:43 AM
newbie - integer variable with leading zero for os.makedirs james Python 2 12-02-2003 06:43 AM

Advertisments