Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Mail system error

Mail system error

Andy Petro

I received 2700 returned mail from Mail Administrator saying ' Mail system
error
Returned mail rejected by remote mail server" They were all to different
addresses. What can i do to stop it .

Evan Platt

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 12:46:28 -0400, "Andy Petro"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I received 2700 returned mail from Mail Administrator saying ' Mail system
>error
>Returned mail rejected by remote mail server" They were all to different
>addresses. What can i do to stop it .

Talk to your mail provider?

Sounds like someone forged spams and used your e-mail address as the
return address. Hence you're getting the bounces.

Is http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) the address you use, and is this the
address you're getting the Mail Administrator messages to?

Whiskers

On 2008-10-27, Andy Petro <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I received 2700 returned mail from Mail Administrator saying ' Mail system
> error
> Returned mail rejected by remote mail server" They were all to different
> addresses. What can i do to stop it .

Stop spamming?

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Ghostintheshell

Andy Petro wrote the following in 24hoursupport.helpdesk at 27 Oct
2008

> I received 2700 returned mail from Mail Administrator saying '
> Mail system error
> Returned mail rejected by remote mail server" They were all to
> different addresses. What can i do to stop it .

Perhaps if you copy a sample of the headers that might help a little
bit. Otherwise contact your provider.

--
If there's a new way
I'll be the first in line

- Megadeth

Andy Petro

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 12:46:28 -0400, "Andy Petro"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I received 2700 returned mail from Mail Administrator saying ' Mail
>>system
>>error
>>Returned mail rejected by remote mail server" They were all to
>>different
>>addresses. What can i do to stop it .

> Talk to your mail provider?
>
> Sounds like someone forged spams and used your e-mail address as the
> return address. Hence you're getting the bounces.
>
> Is (E-Mail Removed) the address you use, and is this the
> address you're getting the Mail Administrator messages to?

Yes ,this is my address and the mail administrator is sending it to me

Evan Platt

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 17:04:12 -0400, "Andy Petro"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Yes ,this is my address and the mail administrator is sending it to me

Well, congratulations. By putting your e-mail address in plain view,
spambots are going to pick up on it and send you spam, and some
spammers will take that address and use it to send mail 'from' to
appear to be from you.

Time to fix that eh?