Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > help needed

help needed

kaire kaire is offline
Junior Member

alright my computer has a few major issues.

I have an LG external dvd rom that my computer somehow has lost. the drive has power but is not recongized. IN the Device Manager, it shows an "unknown device" under the usb section. Which i know is the dvd drive but cant get it to recongize it. Dont have another cd rom hooked up to the computer and cant find the driver anywhere. Anyone have a suggestion.

model number GSA-2164D

Once I get this one fixed I have another question too.. LOL

Thanks
Kaire

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Open up system (right-click my computer and select properties), select device manager, right-click the top and select "scan for hardware changes". See if Windows finds the new device. If not, try disconnecting the external DVD and then reconnecting it. Windows may automatically load drivers for it once it is determined to be a new device. If your LG external DVD drive is USB, try another USB slot and repeat the above procedure.