Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: how to replace the URL in the address bar

Re: how to replace the URL in the address bar

ben

The answer is easy--no! You can't do that by javascript or asp.

However, if you use asp, why not design a page, say
http://www.MySite.com/main.asp, which
take parameters from the client to give requested page. If the form data is
POST to the
sever, it won't appear on the address bar.

But it will make your life difficult. Even Microsoft uses "ugly" addresses,
doesn't it?

Ben

> Hi--
>
> How can one replace the URL in the address bar to a "friendly

alternative"?

> Is there a way to do this with JavaScript?
>
> Is there a way to do this ASP.NET?
>

> For example, suppose I have a site that has the URL...
>
> http://www.MySite.com/
>
> ...and when I browse to one section in this site, the URL may look like
> this...
>
> http://www.MySite.com/Products/
>
> ....and when I browse to another section, the URL may look like this...
>
> http://www.MySite.com/Data/Page.htm?...Description=52
>
> ...and so on, with many different ugly URL strings....
>
> ...now, what I want to do is to make the URL in the browser's window

always