Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > problems with connection to music-server

problems with connection to music-server

Peter Roek

My music server (Hifidelio 400 Pro) is connected to the network via WLAN,
and it communicates with a router (Sitecom WL-154) somewhere in the house.

A PC (XP Home), Laptop (XP Home) and Mac Pro (Leopard) are in the network as
well, via wired LAN.

The music server has to play music directly from the PC, Laptop and Mac.
It does play music from the Laptop, but doesn't from the PC or the Mac.

The music-server's display shows the PC and the Mac, but can't communicatie.

My Mac is rather new, I have to find out later on to run it properly.
But the PC has to communicate with the music-server. That's important for me.

What can I do. Please help me.

Thanks in advance. PR.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
It might be that the computer Firewall blocks the input from the NAS.
Take a look at the firewall of the computer that it is working with the NAS
and duplicate settings that might involve the NAS.
In addition take into consideration that almost all 3rd party NAS do not use
Windows Network code to run the NAS. So sharing and other Network function
are done through samba and similar methods.
Read carefully the NAS' manual concerning how to set it with Windows
versions.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...