Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > The Lounge > I need help with my computer. someone help! please.

I need help with my computer. someone help! please.

kristinafamousx kristinafamousx is offline
Junior Member
Location: suffolk va

My laptop will not automatically connect to my wireless internet.

I have to go through START>RUN>services.msc and then connect my wireless configuration stuff everytime i want on the internet, and then go to network connections, and right click on my connection and then go to properties, click the tab that says wireless network, and check the box that says "use windows to configure my wireless network settings" and then click on my connection and click OK.

I hate having to do that EVERYTIME i get on my computer. I want it to automatically connect like it is supposed too.

Someone help?

Rakhi.Horace Rakhi.Horace is offline
Junior Member

You should be able to download a wireless connection manager for your wireless chip that's on your computer. On my dell machine, there is a Dell Wireless WLAN connectivity manager and I can setit up for auto-connect everytime I start the computer

torontolife torontolife is offline
Member

Wow, reading your post I realized I haven't actually switched off my laptop in months. although I use the software that came with my ralink card.

jbuyers jbuyers is offline
Member

You may benefit from a macro recorder program on your computer -- You can automate all those repetitive tasks

..unless you already knew that