Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > splash screen

splash screen

Drew

I know this has been answered a million times but I just swapped to 64 and
cannot remember how to get id of the welcome screen after resume from
standby or sleep..Thanks in advance for your help

Dennis Pack

Drew:
The following link should be what you want.
http://www.xp-vista.com/tipstricks/h...-automatically

--
Dennis Pack
XP x64 SP2, Vista Enterprise x64 SP1
"Drew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I know this has been answered a million times but I just swapped to 64 and
>cannot remember how to get id of the welcome screen after resume from
>standby or sleep..Thanks in advance for your help

Carlos

Drew,
I will do my best translating from my Spanish Vista to English.
Go to Control Panel, System and Maintenance.
Look the options below Energy Options.
Choose the one Ask for password when resuming.
You should opt for not asking the password.
That way you skip the screen.
Carlos

"Drew" wrote:

> I know this has been answered a million times but I just swapped to 64 and
> cannot remember how to get id of the welcome screen after resume from
> standby or sleep..Thanks in advance for your help

Carlos

Drew,
Start, Control Panel, System and Maintenance, Energy options.
See which radio button is selected and click on "Change..." right below it.
Now click on "Change advanced..."
In "additional configuration" set to NO the option for requiring password.
That should do it!

Carlos

"Drew" wrote:

> Carlos..As they say "You da man !!

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Drew,
> > Start, Control Panel, System and Maintenance, Energy options.
> > See which radio button is selected and click on "Change..." right below
> > it.
> > Now click on "Change advanced..."
> > In "additional configuration" set to NO the option for requiring password.
> > That should do it!
> >
> > Carlos
> >
> > "Drew" wrote:
> >
> >> I appreciate the responses but maybe I did not word it properly, What I
> >> need
> >> is when I bring the computer out of standby the splash screen shows with
> >> which I then have to click on to bring my desktop back.. I used to have
> >> it
> >> set to go directly to the desktop but it no longer does since swapping to
> >> 64
> >> bit. I cannot remember how to do this
> >>
> >> "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Mozilla - Splash Screen Nigel Stapley Firefox 5 07-16-2004 08:42 PM
Mozilla splash screen Walter Donavan Firefox 6 07-05-2004 06:21 AM
Splash Screen adam Firefox 3 04-07-2004 06:56 PM
Turn Of the Splash Screen? Bongo Firefox 5 12-21-2003 10:53 PM
Can't change splash screen in Mozilla 1.5 Holodoc Firefox 3 11-25-2003 07:48 PM

Advertisments