Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > legacy usb issues

legacy usb issues

10-24-2008
Hi guys, found this post from google so thought it would be a good forum to ask on?

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forum...oboot-usb.html

i have a old toughbook laptop with no cd rom on it, so i got a usb to ide adapter and plugged it into a dvd rom drive ive got, i have enabled usb legacy support on the bios but it doesnt recongnise the dvd rom drive while booting, am i missing something? can anyone point me in the right directio on how to get this sorted, the hard drive is blank as it is a new one, and i have no other way of installing a o/s on it?

forgot to mention that the aim of this is to install windows xp o/s on it