Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: AJAX TabContainer - losing ListBox data on postback

Re: AJAX TabContainer - losing ListBox data on postback

Mel

On Oct 23, 8:30*am, bruce barker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> the browser only sends back the selected value to the server. if
> javascript adds a new value, when the postback is processed on the
> server, the server side DropDownList has no matching item to select.
>
> in oninit you need to add code on the server side that adds the new
> value to the DropDownList. you could look in the form collection for the
> value.
>
> -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
>
> Mel wrote:
> > On a tab I have one DropDownList which requires a postback and two
> > ListBoxes which do not require any postback because I just have some
> > javascript, defined in the aspx file, to copy items from one listbox
> > to the other. *All 3 of these controls exist in a table which is
> > inside an UpdatePanel. *When the drop down list value changes and the
> > postback occurs the data that I had in my listbox control disappears.
> > How do I fix this?

> > (using: asp.net 2.0, vb.net, visual studio 2005, winxp pro sp2)

Huh? Did you mean Listbox not DropDownList? The drop-down is working
fine, it's the Listbox data that gets cleared after the drop-down list
causes the postback.