Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Re: Windows - Linux Wireless network connection lag

Re: Windows - Linux Wireless network connection lag

Pavel A.

Silicio wrote:
> Hi all,
> first of all excuse me for my bad english...
> I've a lag problem with a wireless connection between a wired linux
> server (connected in lan to the router, through a switch device) and two
> other windows xp's pc.
> The first pc is an amd based system, the other is an Asus notebook (A6VM
> family) intel centrino system.
> I've no wireless problem if I use linux to linux connection, this make
> me think about a windows driver problem, isn't right? what else?
> Then if i try to communicate, for example by putty from any windows pc
> to linux server, I get annoingh lag time for the result, though a banal
> ls command.
> I try to disable firewall and antivirus programs from windows xp
> machines, nothing's changed.
> Remember that i've no problem if I try a wireless communication from my
> notebook with linux OS to linux server
>
> Router: NETGEAR DG834IT v2
> PC1 NIC: DWL-G520+
> PC2 NIC: Intel pro wireless
> Linux server: generic realtek compatible (wired)

Both PC1 and PC2 are WinXP, correct? Then, what is your other Linux
machine?
How long is the lag? Do you see it also with ping?

[added microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless ]
--PA