Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > basic stuff but can`t cure

basic stuff but can`t cure

CaptT

Had to factory reset my dell and when configuring keyboard (prompt by dell)
somehow selected wrong item. Now amongst some things pound sign show as # at
sign shows as" and " shows as @.

Been through all control panel regions keyboard etc and havent a clue how to
fix. Please put me out of my misery!

TKS

Aardvark

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:16:25 +0100, CaptT wrote:

> Had to factory reset my dell and when configuring keyboard (prompt by
> dell) somehow selected wrong item. Now amongst some things pound sign
> show as # at sign shows as" and " shows as @.
>
> Been through all control panel regions keyboard etc and havent a clue
> how to fix. Please put me out of my misery!
>
> TKS

Control Panel>Keyboard (or however you get there in Windoze. You have
your keyboard is set to type in Americanese when you need it to be set to
English.

--
Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
http://www.liverpool08.com

CaptT

yes I have beeen there but there is no option to select a different keyboard
just says HID Keboard device????

"Aardvark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8PZLk.161818$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:16:25 +0100, CaptT wrote:
>
>> Had to factory reset my dell and when configuring keyboard (prompt by
>> dell) somehow selected wrong item. Now amongst some things pound sign
>> show as # at sign shows as" and " shows as @.
>>
>> Been through all control panel regions keyboard etc and havent a clue
>> how to fix. Please put me out of my misery!
>>
>> TKS

> Control Panel>Keyboard (or however you get there in Windoze. You have
> your keyboard is set to type in Americanese when you need it to be set to
> English.
>

> --
> Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
> http://www.liverpool08.com

Aardvark

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:15:06 +0100, CaptT wrote:

> "Aardvark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:8PZLk.161818$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>> On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:16:25 +0100, CaptT wrote:
>>
>>> Had to factory reset my dell and when configuring keyboard (prompt by
>>> dell) somehow selected wrong item. Now amongst some things pound sign
>>> show as # at sign shows as" and " shows as @.
>>>
>>> Been through all control panel regions keyboard etc and havent a clue
>>> how to fix. Please put me out of my misery!
>>>
>>> TKS

>> Control Panel>Keyboard (or however you get there in Windoze. You have
>> your keyboard is set to type in Americanese when you need it to be set
>> to English.
>>

> yes I have been there but there is no option to select a different
> keyboard just says HID Keyboard device????

Don't top-post. Also, cut sigs from previous posts before replying. Or
get a proper newsreader.

Your answer is on the following page:

<http://www.starr.net/is/type/kbh.html>

Lazy ****er. You could have googled that just as easily as I did. Took me
less than a ****ing minute.

--
Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
http://www.liverpool08.com

wisdomkiller & pain

CaptT wrote:

> yes I have beeen there but there is no option to select a different
> keyboard just says HID Keboard device????

Not device manager, Regional Settings. Check the buttons.

CaptT

Not sure what a top post is..but anyway thanks,apart from the unnecessary
insult , got there in the end.
Peace be with you

"Aardvark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:rf3Mk.43286$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:15:06 +0100, CaptT wrote:
>

>> "Aardvark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:8PZLk.161818$(E-Mail Removed)2...

>>> Control Panel>Keyboard (or however you get there in Windoze. You have
>>> your keyboard is set to type in Americanese when you need it to be set
>>> to English.
>>>

>> yes I have been there but there is no option to select a different
>> keyboard just says HID Keyboard device????
>>

> Don't top-post. Also, cut sigs from previous posts before replying. Or
> get a proper newsreader.
>
> Your answer is on the following page:
>
> <http://www.starr.net/is/type/kbh.html>
>
> Lazy ****er. You could have googled that just as easily as I did. Took me
> less than a ****ing minute.
>

> --
> Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
> http://www.liverpool08.com

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

CaptT wrote:

> Not sure what a top post is..

This should explain it:

open the front cover and begin reading there?
the back cover and end up at the front or do you
chapter one or do you start somewhere near
When reading a book, do you start at

http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm#upside

You begin trimming from the top of your reply, then post your comments
inline .. below the point(s) you are replying to. Standard Usenet
netiquette.

This following fact is not an insult to you, but it's a fact that nearly
every top-poster uses Microsoft Outlook Express as a newsreader.

--
-bts

workman

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> CaptT wrote:
>
>> Not sure what a top post is..

> This should explain it:
>
> open the front cover and begin reading there?

Every time I buy a book, yes.

> the back cover and end up at the front or do you
> chapter one or do you start somewhere near
> When reading a book, do you start at

Wow. That was completley incoherent.

> http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm#upside
>
> You begin trimming from the top of your reply, then post your comments
> inline .. below the point(s) you are replying to. Standard Usenet
> netiquette.
>
> This following fact is not an insult to you, but it's a fact that
> nearly every top-poster uses Microsoft Outlook Express as a
> newsreader.

What following fact?

Looks to me as though it's not just OE users who have problems.

Aardvark

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 13:51:28 -0400, workman wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>
>> CaptT wrote:
>>
>>> Not sure what a top post is..

>> This should explain it:
>>
>> open the front cover and begin reading there?

> Every time I buy a book, yes.
>
>> the back cover and end up at the front or do you chapter one or do you
>> start somewhere near When reading a book, do you start at

> Wow. That was completley incoherent.
>
>> http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm#upside
>>
>> You begin trimming from the top of your reply, then post your comments
>> inline .. below the point(s) you are replying to. Standard Usenet
>> netiquette.
>>
>> This following fact is not an insult to you, but it's a fact that
>> nearly every top-poster uses Microsoft Outlook Express as a newsreader.

> What following fact?
>
> Looks to me as though it's not just OE users who have problems.

You seem to be about as bright as a three-watt lightbulb.

--

workman wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> CaptT wrote:
>>> Not sure what a top post is..

>> This should explain it:
>>
>> open the front cover and begin reading there?

> Every time I buy a book, yes.
>
>> the back cover and end up at the front or do you
>> chapter one or do you start somewhere near
>> When reading a book, do you start at

> Wow. That was completley incoherent.

By jove, I think you've got it!

> Looks to me as though it's not just OE users who have problems.

Ok, I'll give you that one. We cant forget Google Groupers....

--
-bts

Learn A Cure Today... fxfxprinting@yahoo.com Computer Support 3 08-23-2005 10:00 PM
BT-101 - dodgy dc connector - corrupted flash - cure found? Alan Foster UK VOIP 18 07-28-2005 11:17 PM
Cure for socket error 1007 wanted Mac Lynch Computer Support 1 03-02-2005 04:35 AM
CURE FOR VIRUS Eddie Computer Support 7 12-01-2003 04:24 AM
Can't cure a popup annoyance Smoker Computer Support 1 07-09-2003 04:15 AM

Advertisments