Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Oh, my...netbook market rejects Linux again

Oh, my...netbook market rejects Linux again

impossible

http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/ne...658/view.phtml

"It was only launched last week, but it seems that rejuvenated brand Apricot
has already had to make some changes.

"According to online reports, the company is ditching the 279 Linux version
of its new Picobook Pro netbook, because it has proved unpopular among
testers.

"A spokesperson for Linux told PC Pro: "It was decision from the testing
Apricot has done with various groups. The version of Linux that was being
used just wasn't very popular, so the decision was taken to go solely with
XP."

Will Spencer

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 01:54:57 GMT, impossible wrote:

> http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/ne...658/view.phtml
>
> "It was only launched last week, but it seems that rejuvenated brand Apricot
> has already had to make some changes.

Haha so Apricot is rejuvenated. Sorry, read something about it in another
post and wasn't sure.

> "According to online reports, the company is ditching the 279 Linux version
> of its new Picobook Pro netbook, because it has proved unpopular among
> testers.
>
> "A spokesperson for Linux told PC Pro: "It was decision from the testing
> Apricot has done with various groups. The version of Linux that was being
> used just wasn't very popular, so the decision was taken to go solely with
> XP."

Ok but I just googled Picobook Pro and it is anything but Pro.
I think the options should have been MS-Dos or Nude Linux.

-ws