Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > getting started

getting started

crazymom

I used to be an ASP developer with VB and SQL Server. I have been out doing
the Mom thing and am trying to learn ASP.NET. I have a strong preference for
C#. I have been on the microsoft web site looking for articles and tutorials
and have come up with things that I don't find appropriate. Does anyone have
the ability to point me to a resource that has the following criteria.

- c# examples rather than VB.NET
- give information about how to write code from basically a blank file in
Visual Studio with no development aids and widgets. I learn best from the
ground up.
- has info about web development with emphasis on separation of user
experience (html...) and code with data in sql server.

Thanks so much for any resources you are able to point me to. I appreciate
it hugely.

Stephanie

Lloyd Sheen

crazymom wrote:
> I used to be an ASP developer with VB and SQL Server. I have been out doing
> the Mom thing and am trying to learn ASP.NET. I have a strong preference for
> C#. I have been on the microsoft web site looking for articles and tutorials
> and have come up with things that I don't find appropriate. Does anyone have
> the ability to point me to a resource that has the following criteria.
>
> - c# examples rather than VB.NET
> - give information about how to write code from basically a blank file in
> Visual Studio with no development aids and widgets. I learn best from the
> ground up.
> - has info about web development with emphasis on separation of user
> experience (html...) and code with data in sql server.
>
> Thanks so much for any resources you are able to point me to. I appreciate
> it hugely.
>
> Stephanie

I have always used this resource.

http://www.asp.net/get-started/

It is constantly updated with the new tech stuff.

LS

Stephanie

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> "crazymom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> Thanks so much for any resources you are able to point me to. I
>> appreciate
>> it hugely.

> Download and install this - it's free:
> http://www.microsoft.com/express/vwd/
>
> Then download and install this - it's free:
> http://www.microsoft.com/express/sql/Default.aspx
>
> Then buy this, and work your way through it:
> http://www.amazon.com/Beginning-ASP-...4711695&sr=8-1
>

> --
> Mark Rae
> ASP.NET MVP
> http://www.markrae.net

Thanks!

Stephanie

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> "crazymom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> Thanks so much for any resources you are able to point me to. I
>> appreciate
>> it hugely.

> Download and install this - it's free:
> http://www.microsoft.com/express/vwd/

Don't need this. I have Visual Studio already.

> Then download and install this - it's free:
> http://www.microsoft.com/express/sql/Default.aspx

Got it already.

> Then buy this, and work your way through it:
> http://www.amazon.com/Beginning-ASP-...4711695&sr=8-1

Thanks for this.
> --
> Mark Rae
> ASP.NET MVP
> http://www.markrae.net

if a variable is started inside a closure, can it ever be redeclared and started over, outside of the original function? Jake Barnes Javascript 2 02-15-2006 03:32 AM
Getting Started Bill McCarty Firefox 4 08-12-2005 07:02 PM
need help getting started w/ QoS bruce Cisco 1 12-16-2004 02:15 PM
Need help getting started !!! Ted R VHDL 3 10-23-2004 02:40 PM
Getting started with Altera IP Core ALuPin VHDL 0 09-21-2004 01:37 PM

Advertisments